In other words, slack is part of your focus and shifting your mindset to reflect that can help you remain on task. Donot view your responsibility to multitask as a distraction or feel guilty about it.
On the other hand, at home, do not tend to work after a specific time. Check in as early as possible in the morning.
Also, my boss really likes when I happen to ignore other people to work on my priorities, and I think that's because it shows her that we share the same values and goals!
Still, sometimes interruptions are just unavoidable, by I try to do my best 🙂 I do what I can with what I have, and that's enough to keep me satisfied!
If that isn’t feasible with your teams communication flow, then set blocks of time where you “Slack Off” and snooze notifications to do your own project work without distraction
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?