In other words, slack is part of your focus and shifting your mindset to reflect that can help you remain on task. Donot view your responsibility to multitask as a distraction or feel guilty about it.
On the other hand, at home, do not tend to work after a specific time. Check in as early as possible in the morning.
- What specifically do you feel makes it s great breakfast?
- I’d like to ask other members about their rituals. How do they set theirs and what does that look like?
- Why is drinking water is a first task? I assumed it would be ‘making a bed’, stretch out..
- What time should you eat breakfast?
- Do you have advice about choosing what stretches to do before and/or after you exercise? I really like to stretch when I exercise so I don’t feel all tight, but I kind of want to stretch everything and it just takes too much time if I do that. How do you prioritize what stretches to do each time you exercise?
Also, my boss really likes when I happen to ignore other people to work on my priorities, and I think that's because it shows her that we share the same values and goals!
Still, sometimes interruptions are just unavoidable, by I try to do my best 🙂 I do what I can with what I have, and that's enough to keep me satisfied!
If that isn’t feasible with your teams communication flow, then set blocks of time where you “Slack Off” and snooze notifications to do your own project work without distraction
- What kinds of things do you consider to be deep work?
- Any hint to actually do the most important big tasks, during the deep work session, instead of smaller, also necessary but less critical tasks?
- I am building a program for my current workplace, and the tasks and categories are unclear. How do I set up a work schedule for myself to get some flow, instead of being choppy and distracted?
- What’s the difference between Deep Work and Block Distractions? They sound the same.
- How do you best keep yourself on track during a deep work session?
- How do you stay on track with exercise on the weekends when you want to sleep in?
- What you do when you catch yourself getting distracted?
- I have this problem of switching tasks when I have a lot of them. Say for example I start working on task 1 using deep work and I complete it. That’s when it’s so difficult for me to switch or take up a new task. I can handle task 2 when task 1 is still in progress, but when it gets completed, my mind and body goes to relaxation state automatically and I start to procrastinate. How can I stop myself from doing this?
- When the alarm goes off to finish the session, I immediately become distracted again. I start diving into all new stimuli I missed out on while in deep work (like new emails, etc.). How do I keep my focus when I don’t have an app timing me?
- Do you think it’s important to perform each step of a ritual in the order and within the time limits you have laid out for it?