I have recently started morning pages- this helps get all the random thoughts, to-dos, and anything else out of my brain and on to paper. Then I can focus on the tasks at hand.
I heard Mel Robbins talk on just focusing on getting one task done that day. When I tell myself it’s just that one task and can typically focus and get done. When I do I think that wasn’t so bad and get the same mindset for the next thing at hand.
- Do you have a Ritual for ending your work day?
- How do you choose what to do during deep work time when there are many possibilities?
- How do you control yourself enough to get deep work done?
- How do you feel once you have completed a truly hard deep work session?! 🤩
- When I’m in a bad mood because of something that happened, how do I make myself feel better so I can focus on deep work?
I go for a run or meditate first. That helps me get rid of the adrenaline in my body so I can be calm to concentrate. Of it is part of my purpose it is easy to do
I awaken very early most days and that gives me time to kinda relax and get my self together and my mind honed in on what I plan to do during the day. Then I contracted on doing my early morning routines which gets me going for the day which also gets me on a roll for my day’s activities. If distractions arise I usually wait them out and get back to my scheduled activities as soon as I can.
If I have had a stressful day and can’t wrap my head around anything I’ll forget about any work I have to do and take care of myself. Work and school are so important but loving and taking time for yourself is more important. If I’m feeling stressed and can’t focus I’ll pamper myself and give myself all my needs. I will wake up early the next morning to my work as in the morning I am most productive. If I’m just not in the mood I’ll take a break do something I love to do and then go do my work
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?