I have recently started morning pages- this helps get all the random thoughts, to-dos, and anything else out of my brain and on to paper. Then I can focus on the tasks at hand.
I heard Mel Robbins talk on just focusing on getting one task done that day. When I tell myself it’s just that one task and can typically focus and get done. When I do I think that wasn’t so bad and get the same mindset for the next thing at hand.
I go for a run or meditate first. That helps me get rid of the adrenaline in my body so I can be calm to concentrate. Of it is part of my purpose it is easy to do
I awaken very early most days and that gives me time to kinda relax and get my self together and my mind honed in on what I plan to do during the day. Then I contracted on doing my early morning routines which gets me going for the day which also gets me on a roll for my day’s activities. If distractions arise I usually wait them out and get back to my scheduled activities as soon as I can.
If I have had a stressful day and can’t wrap my head around anything I’ll forget about any work I have to do and take care of myself. Work and school are so important but loving and taking time for yourself is more important. If I’m feeling stressed and can’t focus I’ll pamper myself and give myself all my needs. I will wake up early the next morning to my work as in the morning I am most productive. If I’m just not in the mood I’ll take a break do something I love to do and then go do my work
- What is your hack for doing deep work, especially when you have to do a task that isn’t very interesting?
- How do you stay focused during a Deep Work session?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am using my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- How do you decide which time of the day is best for deep work and good for other no-brain tasks? How do you prioritise if no-brain tasks need to be done as soon as possible and you have many of them?
- How do you prioritize what deep work to do?
- What is the best way to meditate?
- Do you adjust your deep work sessions according to the task or do you simply work in regular intervals?
- Do you find it easier setting the reminder timers or is it better to just do each routine at specific time in the day as my shift are unpredictable and it’s hard to have a set start and end to my day?
- How do you motivate yourself and get ready?
- How do you organize your time to be efficient in deep work?