I have recently started morning pages- this helps get all the random thoughts, to-dos, and anything else out of my brain and on to paper. Then I can focus on the tasks at hand.
I heard Mel Robbins talk on just focusing on getting one task done that day. When I tell myself it’s just that one task and can typically focus and get done. When I do I think that wasn’t so bad and get the same mindset for the next thing at hand.
I go for a run or meditate first. That helps me get rid of the adrenaline in my body so I can be calm to concentrate. Of it is part of my purpose it is easy to do
I awaken very early most days and that gives me time to kinda relax and get my self together and my mind honed in on what I plan to do during the day. Then I contracted on doing my early morning routines which gets me going for the day which also gets me on a roll for my day’s activities. If distractions arise I usually wait them out and get back to my scheduled activities as soon as I can.
If I have had a stressful day and can’t wrap my head around anything I’ll forget about any work I have to do and take care of myself. Work and school are so important but loving and taking time for yourself is more important. If I’m feeling stressed and can’t focus I’ll pamper myself and give myself all my needs. I will wake up early the next morning to my work as in the morning I am most productive. If I’m just not in the mood I’ll take a break do something I love to do and then go do my work
- How do you differentiate a deep and shallow work and schedule time appropriately?
- What tips and tricks do you have for getting back into work after interruptions? I work in a place where interruptions happen a lot and are difficult to avoid, even when I have my headphones on…
- Where should I carry out my deep work sessions?
- I would be particularly interested in getting more information how to develop and improve my skills in focusing on my work? What kind of behavior should I avoid to not to lose control over it?
- How many deep work sessions can I do in a day?
- When you work in a field in science, such doing a PhD, how to keep focused and prevent procrastinating?
- What do you prioritize in the morning? My habits are adding up and I think I need to choose some.
- How do you prevent distractions where you’re working?
- How do you get to your deep work session if you have meetings and other chores together with colleagues all day?
- What can I include in my deep work apart from study and physical activity???