If you are not feeling great, it may effect your focus. One thing that might help with this is if you get things done in set time periods and give yourself a bit of break time. This will help you get more done in the long run.
I start writing in my journal and let what is in comes out, it usually begins with describing where I am and what i have done so far today, then how i feel at the moment, what bothers me, what has inspired me recently, and the writing continues itself as long as it needs. After such reflection i feel more focused and relieved. That’s why my journal is always bymyside!
Setting a peaceful work environment can help set the mood. Music or nature sounds that engage the mine but allows you to keep focus on the work at hand. Turn off the phone if you can and break it up into small sessions. If you think of it in smaller portions your mind won’t think of it as a challenge.
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)