I start writing in my journal and let what is in comes out, it usually begins with describing where I am and what i have done so far today, then how i feel at the moment, what bothers me, what has inspired me recently, and the writing continues itself as long as it needs. After such reflection i feel more focused and relieved. That’s why my journal is always bymyside!
- What is that you do to keep being focused?
- What are your 3 most frequent interruptions during Deep Work?
- How do you measure the depth of your work?
- How long do you do Deep Work? I’ve kept mine at 25 minutes but is there more benefit to focusing for longer at a time?
- What are some ways to build develop a more methodical approach to work?
If you are not feeling great, it may effect your focus. One thing that might help with this is if you get things done in set time periods and give yourself a bit of break time. This will help you get more done in the long run.
Setting a peaceful work environment can help set the mood. Music or nature sounds that engage the mine but allows you to keep focus on the work at hand. Turn off the phone if you can and break it up into small sessions. If you think of it in smaller portions your mind won’t think of it as a challenge.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?