I don't Spend a lot of Time on my phone but I could do better I have a Spanish app on my phone and I try to use my technology to improve myself my tablet I have a Bible app which I read every night I have a few games on my phone that I love to play but I love to read I find it a great distraction and it keeps me away from technology for a while I have to be outside it's very relaxing and fun I like to combine the two and read outside I spend about 2 No 3 hours on my phone I think per day cuz I also use it to wind down and I know screens is not always a good thing how to end your day on but I listen to an audio drama every night and I only listen to it at night and so it's sort of triggers my brain to think oh this is time to sleep this is time to wind down
- First thing in the morning isn’t just when I want to get work done – everyone around me does too. How do you keep yourself from just answering other people’s questions and helping them every day? I love to help, but I feel like I am exhausted before I can start working!
- How do you feel once you have completed a truly hard deep work session?! 🤩
- How do you make sure you start your deep work session on time?
- I am terrible at concentrating, specially because of the internal negative self-talk. How do you postpone or eradicate altogether the negative self-talk during deep work sessions?
- What is your routine before going into deep work?
The question reframed would be: how often do I use my phone or laptop (the only two devices I have). Well, I use fabulous every morning to start my morning routine. Of course I check the news, WhatsApp and the weather forecast straight away. After this I come to my yoga routine. I use YouTube for this. At this point youTube shows to be a distraction every day.The rest of the day, technology is no big deal to me. Whenever needed I put my deep work ritual on to stay focused. If I'd want to improve my mornings I'll have to go to bed in time so I have the energy to get out at seven pm. Second, it would speed things up if i'd go straight to my morning routine. After deep work, I can take an intermezzo with WhatsApp, the news and the weather forecast. Let's try! I'm pretty content with the technology in my life to be honest.
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?
- What habit do you have for deep learning?
- Do you always use the timer? Do you find you stick to this habit better if you do or don’t?
- What distractions do you find helpful to get rid of, besides other technology?
- What do you do for Deep Work habit?