I don't Spend a lot of Time on my phone but I could do better I have a Spanish app on my phone and I try to use my technology to improve myself my tablet I have a Bible app which I read every night I have a few games on my phone that I love to play but I love to read I find it a great distraction and it keeps me away from technology for a while I have to be outside it's very relaxing and fun I like to combine the two and read outside I spend about 2 No 3 hours on my phone I think per day cuz I also use it to wind down and I know screens is not always a good thing how to end your day on but I listen to an audio drama every night and I only listen to it at night and so it's sort of triggers my brain to think oh this is time to sleep this is time to wind down
- What time do you wake up (and how) in order to get the full habit list done? (like exercise, meditation and deepwork session)
- What is the time slot during which you practice deep work?
- What is your preparation ritual for work?
- What different techniques help you stay mindful?
- If your career is largely a matter of self discipline (writing, painting, etc) how do you combat periods of sadness, doubt or any other mood?
The question reframed would be: how often do I use my phone or laptop (the only two devices I have). Well, I use fabulous every morning to start my morning routine. Of course I check the news, WhatsApp and the weather forecast straight away. After this I come to my yoga routine. I use YouTube for this. At this point youTube shows to be a distraction every day.The rest of the day, technology is no big deal to me. Whenever needed I put my deep work ritual on to stay focused. If I'd want to improve my mornings I'll have to go to bed in time so I have the energy to get out at seven pm. Second, it would speed things up if i'd go straight to my morning routine. After deep work, I can take an intermezzo with WhatsApp, the news and the weather forecast. Let's try! I'm pretty content with the technology in my life to be honest.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?