I have been taking 10-15 minutes before and after my deep work to tidy up my workspace. During that time I work to clear my tabletop so that all I have in my workspace is my laptop, a notebook and pen, and any relevant materials to what I’m working on.
- Are there any tricks that I could use to stay motivated? I have a bad habit of staying in my bed and doing projects last minute. Any way you could help?
- How do you concentrate and remain productive for long periods of time?
- What’s your routine to get into deep work?
- How do you stay focused on deep work?
- How do you get your mind to relax
Lourdes Da cruz
It sure isn't easy but you can reach a state of organized workspace/room by moving things slowly out of the way 5-10 minutes a day will clean up your initial mess and will keep your workspace organized!
It is better to set aside time just to organize before engaging in deep work, because it allows prioritization and helps everything to be right at hand when you are ready.
I always keep my work space super neat and organized so it is that way during deep work too. I find organized spaces extremely soothing and satisfying.
I make sure my desk and room is tidy and I either put a relaxing music on or I work in silance. I also have a glass of water next to me. I switch off sound in my phone not be distracted by any notifications.
Keep a notepad and pencil nearby for brain dumps to take care of later. Other than that, only water bottle for hydration.
I select three +/- resources to be available within reach & commit to sticking to those or exchange them with others but try to stick with just about three, to keep from flipping between too many & losing my focus. Ideally those sources stay open on my desk to minimize having to "start over" each time I sit at it to find where I was & pick up where I left off as quickly as possible. I clean up cups & glasses on my breaks. Snail mail is not in immediate view of I want to get stuff done.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?