I do 25 minutes in the afternoon 40 minutes in the evening and 60+ minutes in the morning and I work for 30 mins at school. I have a lot of work time I don’t just work for 25 minutes 🤦🏼♀️
I usually follow pomodro technique and do 3 sessions of 25 minute work and 5 minute break. I don't tend to do more than 25minutes of work.
It depends on a lot of factors! If you are nailing the 25 minutes each day and have been doing it for a while without trouble, I’d say it’s safe to try two 25 minute chunks. I recommend downloading a tomato timer app. It automatically sets a timer for 25 minutes of work and 5 minutes of break until the 4th chunk of work is complete. Then it’s a 25 minute break. I am a freelance artist, so I have to work on meaningful things for more than 25 minutes a day and I have found the tomato method to work really well! I have also found that when I’m starting a new habit, if I leave each day feeling like I could have kept going. It’s much easier to pick up the next day! Best of luck.
I actually started with longer sessions right away because I had read Cal Newport’s book, Deep Work, before getting Fabulous. In it he states that experienced people can do sessions as long as 3-4 hours. So I often spend much longer than the session.
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?