I do 25 minutes in the afternoon 40 minutes in the evening and 60+ minutes in the morning and I work for 30 mins at school. I have a lot of work time I don’t just work for 25 minutes 🤦🏼♀️
- How long do you do Deep Work? I’ve kept mine at 25 minutes but is there more benefit to focusing for longer at a time?
- How does one avoid temptations like sugary breakfasts and distracting sites in the first hours after waking up?
- I’m a college student so keeping a balance of taking care of myself and others is tough. Do you have any suggestions for how I could show compassion or do a good deed for someone daily, even if it’s something small?
- Is a half an hour long enough to get deep work done? I always run over my time.
- How do you stay consistent with your workout when you don’t have time?
I usually follow pomodro technique and do 3 sessions of 25 minute work and 5 minute break. I don't tend to do more than 25minutes of work.
I actually started with longer sessions right away because I had read Cal Newport’s book, Deep Work, before getting Fabulous. In it he states that experienced people can do sessions as long as 3-4 hours. So I often spend much longer than the session.
It depends on a lot of factors! If you are nailing the 25 minutes each day and have been doing it for a while without trouble, I’d say it’s safe to try two 25 minute chunks. I recommend downloading a tomato timer app. It automatically sets a timer for 25 minutes of work and 5 minutes of break until the 4th chunk of work is complete. Then it’s a 25 minute break. I am a freelance artist, so I have to work on meaningful things for more than 25 minutes a day and I have found the tomato method to work really well! I have also found that when I’m starting a new habit, if I leave each day feeling like I could have kept going. It’s much easier to pick up the next day! Best of luck.
- How can you motivate yourself to stay in your deep work session every day, even if you have a lot other things to do besides and feel like you don’t have time for it?
- Have you ever been in situation that you must choose to go to high school which you don’t like and you can’t understand about 6 subjects in that school , you think that, that school is not for you, you think that is hard for you and you want to go to other school but your parents are not letting you to go?
- As a 12 year old gotta long should I deep work for in one sitting
- Can i know how to focus myself when carrying out the Deep Focus habit, if my daily schedule is packed and my surroundings are disturbing
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?