I do 25 minutes in the afternoon 40 minutes in the evening and 60+ minutes in the morning and I work for 30 mins at school. I have a lot of work time I don’t just work for 25 minutes 🤦🏼♀️
I usually follow pomodro technique and do 3 sessions of 25 minute work and 5 minute break. I don't tend to do more than 25minutes of work.
I actually started with longer sessions right away because I had read Cal Newport’s book, Deep Work, before getting Fabulous. In it he states that experienced people can do sessions as long as 3-4 hours. So I often spend much longer than the session.
It depends on a lot of factors! If you are nailing the 25 minutes each day and have been doing it for a while without trouble, I’d say it’s safe to try two 25 minute chunks. I recommend downloading a tomato timer app. It automatically sets a timer for 25 minutes of work and 5 minutes of break until the 4th chunk of work is complete. Then it’s a 25 minute break. I am a freelance artist, so I have to work on meaningful things for more than 25 minutes a day and I have found the tomato method to work really well! I have also found that when I’m starting a new habit, if I leave each day feeling like I could have kept going. It’s much easier to pick up the next day! Best of luck.
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?