When your on vacation your there to relax & just get away from it all. That doesn't mean you can't practice what you have been taught so
if it is a temporary condition you can enjoy your holiday, while taking only short period of time to do deep work(for example 15 minutes or 30 minutes deep work just after you get up or before bed. But if it is a lifestyle and a permanent condition, it would be better to schedule your deep work session before the week starts, and then follow the schedule.
I put my phone on silent and put headphones on with a white noise to help me focus. Deep work is deep work no matter where I am it’s my time to focus on work/school
If it’s Thanksgiving or another special occasion like that, I keep my core habits but don’t worry about things like deep work. Instead, I compensate through rest. Holidays are more draining so I really take care to pamper. If it’s just general travel, I work around my schedule but try to maintain. My brother died recently and I found keeping my program actually provided added stability and predictability in a way that was comforting.
- Do you find yourself procrastinating when you need to start a project? If so how do you get out of that mindset?
- How do you make sure you’re not interrupted during deep work?
- Is there anything you have found that keeps you focused? How do you keep that going when you get distracted?
- How long should your breaks be?
- If I don’t like coffee or tea, what can I drink to help keep me focused? ( keep in mind that I’m really serious about keeping my body healthy)
- What strategies can I do to work more consistently at certain times everyday?
- What kind of tasks do you dedicate for your Deep Work habit ?
- What’s the duration you’ve outlined for deep work?
- How to avoid procrastination?
- What kind of deep work you do