When your on vacation your there to relax & just get away from it all. That doesn't mean you can't practice what you have been taught so
if it is a temporary condition you can enjoy your holiday, while taking only short period of time to do deep work(for example 15 minutes or 30 minutes deep work just after you get up or before bed. But if it is a lifestyle and a permanent condition, it would be better to schedule your deep work session before the week starts, and then follow the schedule.
I put my phone on silent and put headphones on with a white noise to help me focus. Deep work is deep work no matter where I am it’s my time to focus on work/school
If it’s Thanksgiving or another special occasion like that, I keep my core habits but don’t worry about things like deep work. Instead, I compensate through rest. Holidays are more draining so I really take care to pamper. If it’s just general travel, I work around my schedule but try to maintain. My brother died recently and I found keeping my program actually provided added stability and predictability in a way that was comforting.
- How do you deal with distractions?
- What do you do during your deep work session?
- How to you kick start of your work, especially when it’s boring
- What do you do for your deep work?
- How do you keep yourself focused with distractions
- What do you consider deep work on weekends or rest days?
- Any tips from users with ADHD?
- How are you disciplined about getting started? And how do you avoid distractions during the time? I’m in an open plan office so that’s is tricky.
- How to do deep work as you no time for that?
- Is it helpful to listen to classical music or other music while doing deep work?