When your on vacation your there to relax & just get away from it all. That doesn't mean you can't practice what you have been taught so
if it is a temporary condition you can enjoy your holiday, while taking only short period of time to do deep work(for example 15 minutes or 30 minutes deep work just after you get up or before bed. But if it is a lifestyle and a permanent condition, it would be better to schedule your deep work session before the week starts, and then follow the schedule.
I put my phone on silent and put headphones on with a white noise to help me focus. Deep work is deep work no matter where I am it’s my time to focus on work/school
If it’s Thanksgiving or another special occasion like that, I keep my core habits but don’t worry about things like deep work. Instead, I compensate through rest. Holidays are more draining so I really take care to pamper. If it’s just general travel, I work around my schedule but try to maintain. My brother died recently and I found keeping my program actually provided added stability and predictability in a way that was comforting.
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?