I don’t think you can ever make ‘sure’ as some things are just out of your control. What you can make sure of is the things you can control like your notifications. I turn mine off. Facebook, Instagram…and silence my phone. I set a timer and have a notepad nearby. Ever time I get interrupted I write it down. At the end of deep work I than consult my notes and put a strategy together on how I can change or avoid that particular distraction. I have a butterfly on my door which signals to everyone that I am working and need my space.
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?
- I need some focus and motivational quotes to help me get going.
- What’s a good time to do deep work. Morning, afternoon or evening?
- How to stop procrastinating?
- What do you do when you can’t focus?
- What do you consider as deep work?
- How do you increase the amount of deep work you do without getting distracted?
- What’s your idea of deep work? Does it need to be at a desk or can it be a sport ir house chore?
- How to I get motivated to work when I can easily just not do anything ?
- What do you for your Deep Work Habit if you are retired or otherwise don’t work outside the home?