I don’t think you can ever make ‘sure’ as some things are just out of your control. What you can make sure of is the things you can control like your notifications. I turn mine off. Facebook, Instagram…and silence my phone. I set a timer and have a notepad nearby. Ever time I get interrupted I write it down. At the end of deep work I than consult my notes and put a strategy together on how I can change or avoid that particular distraction. I have a butterfly on my door which signals to everyone that I am working and need my space.
- Does the distraction list help?
- How long should your deep work be?
- How do you say no politely
- How much time do they spend deep in work?
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?
- How do you stay focused for 4 hours?
- What is your favorite way to study?
- How can I focus on these days when I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and I feel tired?
- What is the best way to study for a big exam?