you can try to set up one more user that is allowed to access only hard disk and most needed apps but does not have access to social network and stuff like that. switch users when deep work is required
- I work in retail. I have anything but a regular schedule. Trying to build routines that can’t be routine by a clock is tough. Help?
- How do you recognize and address stress when your being asked to do things last minute?
- How do you keep free of distractions when you are not feeling optimal? I’ve felt a bit under the weather for the last couple of days and cannot seem to keep my focus for long and am sensitive to procrastination.
- What kinds of things do you consider to be deep work?
- How do you bring yourself back when you lose focus?
Secundino Da cruz
There’s a gaming mode that’s installed on a Windows 10 update, and you can get Spotify as a Windows 10 app, but I don’t know if anything out there that blocks other distractions. A lot of distractions are random, and you just have to acknowledge them and refocus.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?