I used to do this in the morning but between my morning ritual and getting the kids day started I moved it to the afternoon ritual. For me this is the best time to accomplish projects because my oldest boy is at school and my youngest boy is down for his nap.
- How do you stay focused on a task for a long period of time when you don’t like what your doing/studying?
- How do you manage to maintain focus and flow in distracting – and unavoidable – environments?
- How do you make sure you start your deep work session on time?
- When I’m in a bad mood because of something that happened, how do I make myself feel better so I can focus on deep work?
- I have this problem of switching tasks when I have a lot of them. Say for example I start working on task 1 using deep work and I complete it. That’s when it’s so difficult for me to switch or take up a new task. I can handle task 2 when task 1 is still in progress, but when it gets completed, my mind and body goes to relaxation state automatically and I start to procrastinate. How can I stop myself from doing this?
It’s not the permanently same setup time…it’s different, depends on concreate day agenda. Usually I need the time slot, when I feel refreshed, and no meetings are expected in the closed time.
I do a bit about 7:30 – 8:00am, and then my days are really varied so I have no solid time slot after that. I do try to stick to mornings though, when I'm least tired.
I usually do mine in the morning. Not only is it important to find what time works best for you, but also to do it when you prefer. I am a morning person so I do mine then because I have more focus to get things done
I am a lark so I'm up rather early. Once I arrive at work and prioritize my actions, I conduct a deep work session and then work pomodoro from there.
Usually in the afternoon. My mind starts to wander around 3pm, so I put some music on (instrumental, so the lyrics don’t distract me) and I focus on one project for 25 minutes. Any distractions are noted, but I do not allow them to shift me from my focussed work.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?