I used to do this in the morning but between my morning ritual and getting the kids day started I moved it to the afternoon ritual. For me this is the best time to accomplish projects because my oldest boy is at school and my youngest boy is down for his nap.
- What do you do on days you are having a harder time focusing on a task?
- How many hours of deep work can a person do?
- Other than housework, I can’t think of what to do during my deep work sessions. Any suggestions or ideas?
- I have often troubles deciding what should I focus on during Deep Work. How do I chose what to work on when there is so many things to do?
- What is the best way to clear your mind every morning and start a productive day?
It’s not the permanently same setup time…it’s different, depends on concreate day agenda. Usually I need the time slot, when I feel refreshed, and no meetings are expected in the closed time.
I do a bit about 7:30 – 8:00am, and then my days are really varied so I have no solid time slot after that. I do try to stick to mornings though, when I'm least tired.
I usually do mine in the morning. Not only is it important to find what time works best for you, but also to do it when you prefer. I am a morning person so I do mine then because I have more focus to get things done
I am a lark so I'm up rather early. Once I arrive at work and prioritize my actions, I conduct a deep work session and then work pomodoro from there.
Usually in the afternoon. My mind starts to wander around 3pm, so I put some music on (instrumental, so the lyrics don’t distract me) and I focus on one project for 25 minutes. Any distractions are noted, but I do not allow them to shift me from my focussed work.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?