I’m trying to focus for a long time in my day also I’m trying to be focused all the day but I distracted and I’m sorry when I’m saying that so I’m going to do meditation to be focused and relax an I started meditation after i woke up
- How do you manage to maintain focus and flow in distracting – and unavoidable – environments?
- What do you do to get away from the phone as distraction?
- How do you recognize and address stress when your being asked to do things last minute?
- I’m researcher so many people recommend to me long and continuous work, not pomodoro-style work. But it really hard to accomplish. If I complete a long work session, I feel exhausted and like I should go home. Which is better?
- I am struggling to maintain my work habit at the same hour, do you have any tips?
Depends on what I am doing. When programming I usually go for 40-60 minutes straight. If I run into a problem, I keep going until it is solved. But with college and all, it is usually around 30-40 minutes and then I need some change.
I use the 45 minute deep work timer. I block my work in 1 hour chunks, knowing that I will do deep work for 45 minutes and break for 15. That way my work can be sustainable throughout the day.
I try to focus for about 25-30 minutes. By then I've been working so long that I'm in a flow and keep working. But it's different for everyone so find what works best for you.
It depends on what I’m working on and if my kids HAVE to be here. I can’t focus more than 7 minutes at a time so I work for 5-6 minutes at a time working with my list.
just a minimum of 25 minutes. if i feel productive and “in the zone” I will keep working after time runs out; but if not, I will take a 5-10 minute break before returning back to work.
An hour. I have to limit the time I deep work as I get carried away and want to do more. But that's a trap. There will always be more work if you go looking for it. Im training myself to walk away and to not over work. I have a list of what I want to achieve. I do them if there's other things that come to mind when Im in deep work. I write it down for the next days deep work session.
I try to focus at least an hour each time I perform the “deep work” habit. While at work it’s hard for me to silence my notifications because I’m often up and away from my desk, so my desk phone rings to my cell phone, but I try to find a minimum of an hour each day at work to Deep Work. When I’m at home working on my freelance stuff and my business, I tend to focus more time (an hour and a half to two hours) to Deep Work. It’s really about starting small and working your way up to bigger time blocks as you go.
I try to be consistent by focusing on my work for 30 minutes. As such I can have a 5 minute break then start all over again.
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?