I’m trying to focus for a long time in my day also I’m trying to be focused all the day but I distracted and I’m sorry when I’m saying that so I’m going to do meditation to be focused and relax an I started meditation after i woke up
- Do you find a timer helpful? What kind do you use?
- What to do when you finish the task before the time you saved for your deep work?
- What’s your favorite performance statement? mine is, “You will feel better afterwards.”
- What time do you usually do the Deep Work habit?
- What do you do when you encounter sudden distractions that fatigue you?
Depends on what I am doing. When programming I usually go for 40-60 minutes straight. If I run into a problem, I keep going until it is solved. But with college and all, it is usually around 30-40 minutes and then I need some change.
I use the 45 minute deep work timer. I block my work in 1 hour chunks, knowing that I will do deep work for 45 minutes and break for 15. That way my work can be sustainable throughout the day.
I try to focus for about 25-30 minutes. By then I've been working so long that I'm in a flow and keep working. But it's different for everyone so find what works best for you.
It depends on what I’m working on and if my kids HAVE to be here. I can’t focus more than 7 minutes at a time so I work for 5-6 minutes at a time working with my list.
just a minimum of 25 minutes. if i feel productive and “in the zone” I will keep working after time runs out; but if not, I will take a 5-10 minute break before returning back to work.
An hour. I have to limit the time I deep work as I get carried away and want to do more. But that's a trap. There will always be more work if you go looking for it. Im training myself to walk away and to not over work. I have a list of what I want to achieve. I do them if there's other things that come to mind when Im in deep work. I write it down for the next days deep work session.
I try to focus at least an hour each time I perform the “deep work” habit. While at work it’s hard for me to silence my notifications because I’m often up and away from my desk, so my desk phone rings to my cell phone, but I try to find a minimum of an hour each day at work to Deep Work. When I’m at home working on my freelance stuff and my business, I tend to focus more time (an hour and a half to two hours) to Deep Work. It’s really about starting small and working your way up to bigger time blocks as you go.
I try to be consistent by focusing on my work for 30 minutes. As such I can have a 5 minute break then start all over again.
- How can you motivate yourself to stay in your deep work session every day, even if you have a lot other things to do besides and feel like you don’t have time for it?
- Have you ever been in situation that you must choose to go to high school which you don’t like and you can’t understand about 6 subjects in that school , you think that, that school is not for you, you think that is hard for you and you want to go to other school but your parents are not letting you to go?
- As a 12 year old gotta long should I deep work for in one sitting
- Can i know how to focus myself when carrying out the Deep Focus habit, if my daily schedule is packed and my surroundings are disturbing
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?