I have stuck to 25 minutes thus far in the spirit of keeping my goal small and tricking my brain into starting it. I feel like it’s a slow build to get to a longer deep work session. I spent almost all day on a project earlier this week, but all day was composed of several 25 minute sessions and I found myself quite productive overall.
- My mind wanders a lot whenever I work and many times I catch myself procrastinating and daydreaming. How should I tackle this?
- For God’s sake. How do I get motivated? I’m just like “Imma meditate!” Then I’m looking at my phone and I’m like “F*ck it. IDC.”
- How do you best keep yourself on track during a deep work session?
- Has anybody actually switched to a typewriter or writing by hand just to avoid the distractions of the Internet?
- How do you prevent other stuff from taking over your deep work time?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?
- What habit do you have for deep learning?
- Do you always use the timer? Do you find you stick to this habit better if you do or don’t?
- What distractions do you find helpful to get rid of, besides other technology?
- What do you do for Deep Work habit?