- How does one avoid temptations like sugary breakfasts and distracting sites in the first hours after waking up?
- What’s the difference between Deep Work and Block Distractions to you?
- How do you put together your to do list if you feel like there is nothing of importance to accomplish that day?
- How long do you Deep Work for?
- I am struggling to maintain my work habit at the same hour, do you have any tips?
I also think that it can be important to consider why I’m procrastinating on certain things, especially those that I have set up for my deep work sessions. If, for example, I’m finding it difficult to get started, or I’m avoiding the session entirely, that tells me one thing; I’m probably either unsure where to start or I’m avoiding the task as a form of mood repair, because I’m exhausted or in pain. On the other hand, if I’m getting into my session and then find myself drifting from the task, then that’s a totally different issue. Maybe I need to evaluate whether this is the best thing for me to be doing as my deep work.
One final thing that helps me not procrastinate on deep work is to actually always do the “set up” that Fabulous recommended; I have a special set of coffee and tea that I only get to make and enjoy as a part of doing my deep work. By adding in a ‘treat’ at the very start, I usually find it easier to settle in to whatever the plan was for my deep work session.
I also find that by thinking of the end product is effective is maintaining focus to complete the entire task with enthusiasm and power
- How can you motivate yourself to stay in your deep work session every day, even if you have a lot other things to do besides and feel like you don’t have time for it?
- Have you ever been in situation that you must choose to go to high school which you don’t like and you can’t understand about 6 subjects in that school , you think that, that school is not for you, you think that is hard for you and you want to go to other school but your parents are not letting you to go?
- As a 12 year old gotta long should I deep work for in one sitting
- Can i know how to focus myself when carrying out the Deep Focus habit, if my daily schedule is packed and my surroundings are disturbing
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?