I also find that by thinking of the end product is effective is maintaining focus to complete the entire task with enthusiasm and power
I also think that it can be important to consider why I’m procrastinating on certain things, especially those that I have set up for my deep work sessions. If, for example, I’m finding it difficult to get started, or I’m avoiding the session entirely, that tells me one thing; I’m probably either unsure where to start or I’m avoiding the task as a form of mood repair, because I’m exhausted or in pain. On the other hand, if I’m getting into my session and then find myself drifting from the task, then that’s a totally different issue. Maybe I need to evaluate whether this is the best thing for me to be doing as my deep work.
One final thing that helps me not procrastinate on deep work is to actually always do the “set up” that Fabulous recommended; I have a special set of coffee and tea that I only get to make and enjoy as a part of doing my deep work. By adding in a ‘treat’ at the very start, I usually find it easier to settle in to whatever the plan was for my deep work session.
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.