Well, maybe the pomodoro technique isn’t for you. If you can concentrate that much without any problem and still feel with energy, it’s a good sign. But remember, don’t confuse movement with progress, how much are you getting done in that time? Why did you actually start applying the pomodoro technique? Maybe you don’t need any technique, maybe you can naturally organize your time, just set blocks of times and Chunking techniques. Read RPM by Tonny Robbins.
If you are productive, can keep a good and healthy work rythym without obsessing, go ahead and use your own personal technique!
Force myself to just do one pomodoro, don't set the expectation of doing several in a row. Then, by the end of the first one, I'm either ready to continue doing pomodoros or I'm at least focused enough on something useful that I can be productive.
Unfortunately , sometimes I also forget about it . And it's a real disappointment for me, cos I don't forget doing the routines (drinking water, exercising and so on).
Well a few options are available. You could look at a few apps such as you timer feature on your clock. You could use grab a pomodoro app that keeps track of everything, or if you prefer to go old school make a small tracking sheet that you can copy a few times. One with an area to write a start time, finish time, and to check mark. Allowing the area to check off gives you that satisfaction that you completed the goal and that you will want to do it again.
I use an app named "focus to do" with fabulous technique for writing down my goal, blocking distractions and keeping a distraction log
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?
- I need some focus and motivational quotes to help me get going.
- What’s a good time to do deep work. Morning, afternoon or evening?
- How to stop procrastinating?
- What do you do when you can’t focus?
- What do you consider as deep work?
- How do you increase the amount of deep work you do without getting distracted?
- What’s your idea of deep work? Does it need to be at a desk or can it be a sport ir house chore?
- How to I get motivated to work when I can easily just not do anything ?
- What do you for your Deep Work Habit if you are retired or otherwise don’t work outside the home?