I prioritize habits/activities on the impact it could bring long term/short term. Eg. Rather than fire fighting (very urgently+very important) or distractions (very urgent+not important)/time wasters (not important+not urgent), I would pick quality time tasks (very important, not urgent). This could be working on a value adding (secret) project, content writing, studying, reading. Or this could be long term effective quick habits before starting anything else for the day, such as drinking water, quick meditation. I'd never look at the phone or social media or mails, but work on the quality work time.
- Do you reward yourself for completing deep work?
- Why is Deep Work recommended in the afternoon?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct? As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What can I included in this category apart from study n physical activity???
- How to not feel exhausted after the deep work session?
The golden triangle is what I prioritize: water, food and exercise. What they look like day to day will vary. It's possible that you've added habits too quickly. Don't be afraid to step back from what's not working for you. However, it is important to celebrate each habit and associate it with a good feeling. This will help you really want to do each one. You can also choose to spread your habits out across the day, rather than putting every little thing on the morning timeframe.
I had the exact same issue actually. I started to add so much cause I realized it was all so good for me. But then I started to understand I don't need to do all of this stuff in the morning to develop good habits. So I just narrowed down what was helping me most towards developing strong habits and added that.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?