A timer, a to do list, a distraction sheet and a simple reminder to myself to just focus on spending time on the task at hand.
I block 2 hours in my calendar as focused time so that no one can book a meeting in that period. For people that pop their heads into their my office, I take note of what they want to respond after my focused time
L Lia S.
I use the pomodoro method to stay focused with a chrome extension timer. I also hide my phone away when I don't need to use it for work because it's too distracting otherwise.
I work in short sessions of 15-20 min, when i put some classical music and work on one task. Then i take a break, take stairs to insrease blood flow and then start again.
Paul Gerhard T.
Writing down thoughts to focus on them later. Blocking or time for specific activities. Reducing the time I spend in entertainment.
Before starting the task, I make I have everything I need to accomplish it. I then put on a long playlist so I don't have to go in and change songs every once in a while (which is a distraction). I then use a pomodoro timer. I do 25 minute work bursts followed by 5 minute rests.
I avoid using electronics that can easily distract me. I turn my phone on silent and place it far away so I would have to go out of my way to look at it. And I write everything down on paper rather than use my computer.
Motivation to feel a reason to celebrate when the task or this piece of the project is completed, and look.forward to knowing that I can achieve that piece of accomplishment, and the peace and small, medium or large joys of the achievment😊. Thanks for asking.
I get distracted very easily. For the time being I am trying to write down every distraction and we will see how that goes.
Put the phone inside a drawer. In my case, I send a quick message to my family and friends texting groups saying I’ll be working for the next 30 min and to call if it is urgent(this prevents the anxiety of thinking “what if someone is texting?”).
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.