I avoid using electronics that can easily distract me. I turn my phone on silent and place it far away so I would have to go out of my way to look at it. And I write everything down on paper rather than use my computer.
- Does anyone with kids actually go to bed on time and wake up early feeling rested
- How do you get to your deep work session if you have meetings and other chores together with colleagues all day?
- I struggle to get deep work done as I keep getting interrupted. This is the nature of my job so I can’t change the interruptions, any suggestions on how to do deep work with interruptions? Thanks Caroline
- If you are a supervisor, how do you handle your team members’ questions and needs during deep work sessions?
- What helps you focus?
Before starting the task, I make I have everything I need to accomplish it. I then put on a long playlist so I don't have to go in and change songs every once in a while (which is a distraction). I then use a pomodoro timer. I do 25 minute work bursts followed by 5 minute rests.
Writing down thoughts to focus on them later. Blocking or time for specific activities. Reducing the time I spend in entertainment.
I use the pomodoro method to stay focused with a chrome extension timer. I also hide my phone away when I don't need to use it for work because it's too distracting otherwise.
Put the phone inside a drawer. In my case, I send a quick message to my family and friends texting groups saying I’ll be working for the next 30 min and to call if it is urgent(this prevents the anxiety of thinking “what if someone is texting?”).
I get distracted very easily. For the time being I am trying to write down every distraction and we will see how that goes.
I work in short sessions of 15-20 min, when i put some classical music and work on one task. Then i take a break, take stairs to insrease blood flow and then start again.
I block 2 hours in my calendar as focused time so that no one can book a meeting in that period. For people that pop their heads into their my office, I take note of what they want to respond after my focused time
Motivation to feel a reason to celebrate when the task or this piece of the project is completed, and look.forward to knowing that I can achieve that piece of accomplishment, and the peace and small, medium or large joys of the achievment😊. Thanks for asking.
A timer, a to do list, a distraction sheet and a simple reminder to myself to just focus on spending time on the task at hand.
- What do you do during your deep work session?
- How to you kick start of your work, especially when it’s boring
- What do you do for your deep work?
- How do you keep yourself focused with distractions
- What do you consider deep work on weekends or rest days?
- Any tips from users with ADHD?
- How are you disciplined about getting started? And how do you avoid distractions during the time? I’m in an open plan office so that’s is tricky.
- How to do deep work as you no time for that?
- Is it helpful to listen to classical music or other music while doing deep work?
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?