After a busy day, I take a 20 minute nap but before I take the nap I write down the thing I want to focus on when I wake up. This way when I wake up I'm prepared to take action. This helps me focus after a long day
- How to concentrate more on the time of deep work?
- What you do when you catch yourself getting distracted?
- When the alarm goes off to finish the session, I immediately become distracted again. I start diving into all new stimuli I missed out on while in deep work (like new emails, etc.). How do I keep my focus when I don’t have an app timing me?
- How do you make yourself WANT to do something? Personally, I find it difficult to even get motivation to start working. What about you? Do you have any tips?
- How do you avoid distractions?
Take a break! Nothing is written in stone. Get some tea!
I take a long shower and spend most of the shower just laying down, thinking, and letting the water just run off my stomach. It’s very relaxing and can very easily take away all my tension
I allow myself some time by doing some activity that does not require a lot of mental heavy lifting. I then ease myself into focusing by doing a number of deliberate acts. I set up my work station, I turn off my phone and I grab a cup of tea. This routine helps to get me in the right frame of mind for focused work.
I guess the best thing to do is get a good sleep & try again the next day.
I try to think of it as adding more value to a busy day. If I am feeling like skipping a task I try to push myself and talk myself into how another ten minutes will make an overall difference
If you are having trouble focusing for deep work, try taking a few minutes for meditation to see if you can slow down a bit. Also, forgive yourself if it doesn’t happen!
Focusing is probably a " left-brain" activity using logic. You could try a creative outlet such as music or art, a mindfulness activity using your senses, going for a walk, daydreaming, meditation, hot bath or shower, the sent of lavender is relaxing, etc. Maybe you could "focus" before your busy day. If your "busy day" is work, leave your work at work! where it belongs. Only work the hours required 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. It's not worth working extra hours for a larger pay check if it affects you like this. I'm unable to work because of my illness, so I miss out on socializing and friendships. These are some important aspects in life. I hope that some of my ideas will help you winddown so you can better focus after a busy day.
Take Deep breaths for 5 mins….. Take a short nap 25 mins, your mind will be rested
If I get this situation for me the best option is to try to sit for 25 min for deep study ( at that time due to a very busy day alot of distraction will be) but this will make me focus and prioritise to me what is important than I can sit 3-4 to study too with no problem as now I will be focused.
I used the search terms 'focus', 'binaural' and 'music' to readjust my focus. Usually it just fades into the background and I am back on track!
Then don't…. relax. Try to get one more thing done by the end of the day to feel even more accomplished. Busy day sounds like you did a lot already.
Breathe. Take a walk. Use Google Assistant to unload any tasks or reminders. Do some yoga and repeat my performance statement.
I'll understand that i'm exhausted, usually it's because I need sleep. Sometimes I (if I can) sleep. Sometimes I try to power through… the later almost never works
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?