As I’m retired and my family is grown, my time is much more flexible at this time of the year, when my ‘unpaid’ teaching commitments are quite light. The harder task is to regulate such flexible days! Nonetheless there are pressing tasks that need to be accomplished for an imminent, temporary, move abroad. Also, while I have ‘carers’ regularly coming to attend to the needs of my very elderly in-laws who live with me, my having a regular “routine” also works well for them, and planning to spend a little time with them.
- How do you maintain focus when you absolutely cannot disconnect from the internet because of the nature of your work?
- What do you do on days you are having a harder time focusing on a task?
- (I’m a student.) If you feel ill, how do you decide objectively whether to work or to skip the work session and take it easy? I find it easy to use a slight feeling of illness as an excuse not to work.
- How do you manage Deep Work when you are caught up in fire-fighting?
- Any hint to actually do the most important big tasks, during the deep work session, instead of smaller, also necessary but less critical tasks?
- What is your hack for doing deep work, especially when you have to do a task that isn’t very interesting?
- How do you stay focused during a Deep Work session?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am using my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- How do you decide which time of the day is best for deep work and good for other no-brain tasks? How do you prioritise if no-brain tasks need to be done as soon as possible and you have many of them?
- How do you prioritize what deep work to do?
- What is the best way to meditate?
- Do you adjust your deep work sessions according to the task or do you simply work in regular intervals?
- Do you find it easier setting the reminder timers or is it better to just do each routine at specific time in the day as my shift are unpredictable and it’s hard to have a set start and end to my day?
- How do you motivate yourself and get ready?
- How do you organize your time to be efficient in deep work?