Silence can also be your friend .
It depends on you.
But for cleaning house? It’s still going to be Ted Nugent or Steppenwolf for me. I get more done that way, dancing with my vacuum cleaner. 😉
Definitely don't listen to song, where is singing. It can distract you.
I do listen to soft, singer-songwriter music that I've listened to a lot previously. Since I know it so well it doesn't distract me and the sound helps me focus on my work.
(My two music choices is songs/albums I've listened to a lot by the artists Birdy and Bishop Briggs)
You can also try some apps that generate focus sounds (I use Endel, syncs with circadian cycle) and white noise. Or there is a great playlist on Spotify called “Brain food” and I’m sure there ale plenty more 😉
Good luck with your deep work! This is also something that I’m struggling with…
- Does the distraction list help?
- How long should your deep work be?
- How do you say no politely
- How much time do they spend deep in work?
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?
- How do you stay focused for 4 hours?
- What is your favorite way to study?
- How can I focus on these days when I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and I feel tired?
- What is the best way to study for a big exam?