Silence can also be your friend .
It depends on you.
But for cleaning house? It’s still going to be Ted Nugent or Steppenwolf for me. I get more done that way, dancing with my vacuum cleaner. 😉
Definitely don't listen to song, where is singing. It can distract you.
I do listen to soft, singer-songwriter music that I've listened to a lot previously. Since I know it so well it doesn't distract me and the sound helps me focus on my work.
(My two music choices is songs/albums I've listened to a lot by the artists Birdy and Bishop Briggs)
You can also try some apps that generate focus sounds (I use Endel, syncs with circadian cycle) and white noise. Or there is a great playlist on Spotify called “Brain food” and I’m sure there ale plenty more 😉
Good luck with your deep work! This is also something that I’m struggling with…
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?