Silence can also be your friend .
It depends on you.
But for cleaning house? It’s still going to be Ted Nugent or Steppenwolf for me. I get more done that way, dancing with my vacuum cleaner. 😉
Definitely don't listen to song, where is singing. It can distract you.
I do listen to soft, singer-songwriter music that I've listened to a lot previously. Since I know it so well it doesn't distract me and the sound helps me focus on my work.
(My two music choices is songs/albums I've listened to a lot by the artists Birdy and Bishop Briggs)
You can also try some apps that generate focus sounds (I use Endel, syncs with circadian cycle) and white noise. Or there is a great playlist on Spotify called “Brain food” and I’m sure there ale plenty more 😉
Good luck with your deep work! This is also something that I’m struggling with…
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)
- What are your top strategies for “just getting started”?
- How do you match days with many many meetings and deep work habits?
- What is your favorite type of Deep Work?