I mostly study when I’m in a comfortable place and I try to be interested in what I’m doing when you’re intrested in what you’re doing you’ll actually not notice it also I try to bribe my self with chocolates and a time limit for a particular activity and I say it’s just for 2 hours and after that you have 16 hours to do what you want also never do anything with a tired brain it never works
- I need to isolate myself to be able to do deep work. It makes me seem less social and also a bit disconnected from family at times during evenings and weekends. It is hard on them, and I feel torn between work and family demands. How do you negotiate with your family to come to an understanding that you need to do this?
- What are the creative ways you use to block your distractions?
- For those that don’t have a regular schedule, I’ve been scheduling my deep work according to my work shifts. What are some problems with this?
- What helps you focus?
- What is deep work?
Gisele Da luz
Well up beat music helps energise me, but if you are not able to play music out loud or listen to through head phones, thinking of something positive helps too. Like if your job will help alot of people/the planet,something going to happen in the future, like an upcoming trip, adopting a pet, spending time with family. Thinking positive thoughts of how hard/long one has worked,you have earned your paycheck&possibly an opportunity to talk to your boss about a raise or some validation of all the hard work, a team participant & persistant employee that you are.
I guess I stay motivated by reminding myself that if I finish my work, I wouldn’t stress about that anymore and can enjoy the free time after until another work is pushed my way and looking forward to the chocolate I reward myself afterwards can make me motivated, but listening to music while working also keeps a little of my motivation up because while I’m doing my work, I can still enjoy it by dancing to some EDM.
I try to remind myself of why I’m doing what I’m doing, what my goal is and the bigger picture. It always helps put things in perspective
Keep you eye on the goal. Don't let the world make you waver. Don't worry about stopping to blink once in a while. Reassess; make adjustments – living in this world means that everything is in constant motion
While I am working it is easy for me to stay motivated. Simply having the thought in my head that I got to get work done always makes me motivated to start and finish any work or tasks I need to complete. For homework I usually do it in the morning as I have no distractions which always motivates me! When I work I leave it on my desk so I can remember but my room looks so messy because of this big messy pile on my desk so finishing my work as soon as possible is always a must so I can clean my room. This keeps me motivated because I know after the process I will have a nice clean room!!!
Minimizing distractions and making sure I stay focused on the task and hand. If distractions come up, jot them down to return to later then return to the main task.
I use a pomodoro timer app. I only listen to the ticking while i work for twenty-five minutes straight. Helps block out distractions
I try to link what i am working on to the goals i have for myself, what i am striving towards…how does the work link to this? I think about what i enjoy about it, what i am grateful for, what i can lear and do to make it better
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?