Try to create an environment free of distraction e.g clean desk with just your to do list and computer. Turn off all digital notifications. Aim to focus for 10 minutes straight then 20 then 40. One day you’ll get to an hour. Keep trying!
I find an uplifting instrumental (no vocals) playlist and put headphones on (more forcefully tying myself to the computer). I put my phone in a different room and even have an anti distraction app on it to limit the time spent on social media apps. I have a physical to do list in my line of sight to keep me motivated.
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?
- How do you block distraction if you work in an open space and people around you are loud or don’t care about interrupting you?