Though it’s probably not the ideal solution, I use the skip function for tasks I can’t fit into the normally scheduled times on problem days and complete them at a point when it becomes feasible e.g. if I can’t do my morning exercise task when I wake up, I’ll skip it and make a point of doing it before dinner in the evening.
As long as you get into the habit of completing the tasks you’ve set for yourself everyday then I don’t think it matters so much if you don’t rigidly adhere to your schedule.
If you’re finding that you’re skipping things in your schedule and never returning to them though, then it might be an idea to reassess and redistribute tasks in an order that you are more likely to do them.
1-wake up and have breakfast, get ready etc.
2-leave house at –:–am
3-Work or have that class between –:– and –:–
4-(one hour break) check emails and read book
5- back to work between x and x hours
6- have lunch with friends
7- (etc. Etc.)
14- have dinner
15- prepare schedule for tomorrow and sleep
This will guide you through the day but if it's not convenient to read that one book then and you can have a quicker lunch and read it afterwards, do that instead or don't do it at all. It's not the end of the world if you fail something. My point is you have the power to define what you are going to do at the time. This is just something to guide you. But it is important that you try to follow as much as possible (or else it wouldn't make sense do the list) and try to be realistic about everything while you're writing the list, especially about the time you take to do things, but that's you will get used and correct it. Hope I had make myself clear ahah. Just give it a try and define your own rules and you will see what I mean. With this you'll have time to do what you need to do (if you don't have time for everything, you have to decide which one you have to do and don't have to do, at least today) Hope I had helped you.
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.