She and I also talked about my anxiety in starting a new task and she would let me talk through what I was going to do with her. Just saying it aloud made me realize it wasn’t as daunting as I had been making it out to be. I know people who have used accountability partners or work groups in similar ways as well.
I also created a playlist that got me angry at the anxious voice in my head telling me I couldn’t do it. I would use that energy and the feeling of empowerment to get the work done. The songs on my play list were break up songs as if I was breaking up with my inner critic. No one has the right to make me feel like I’m not good enough! All of this really helped me learn how capable I am.
- Does the distraction list help?
- How long should your deep work be?
- How do you say no politely
- How much time do they spend deep in work?
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?
- How do you stay focused for 4 hours?
- What is your favorite way to study?
- How can I focus on these days when I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and I feel tired?
- What is the best way to study for a big exam?