She and I also talked about my anxiety in starting a new task and she would let me talk through what I was going to do with her. Just saying it aloud made me realize it wasn’t as daunting as I had been making it out to be. I know people who have used accountability partners or work groups in similar ways as well.
I also created a playlist that got me angry at the anxious voice in my head telling me I couldn’t do it. I would use that energy and the feeling of empowerment to get the work done. The songs on my play list were break up songs as if I was breaking up with my inner critic. No one has the right to make me feel like I’m not good enough! All of this really helped me learn how capable I am.
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.