I'm a lawyer as well as showjumper. For me it's difficult to be full of energy after work and go practice – I was at 5 am with 2 horses and then heading to work from 10 am to … 11 pm! It was too much and now I just can't. It was a mistake. I was always tired.
I have become more organized. I take out my receipts everyday and mark them for business or other. Google Timeline, keeps track of my traveling. I set aside the one evening a month to do my admin. The rest I concentrate just on my painting. Exhibitions I plan from back to front to create a Timeline to know when what has to be done.
Reserve business work for deep work. Then I use artistic work time as a reward or a celebration of what I’ve accomplished😊
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)