Occasionally, I will think those periods of wandering thoughts allow me to be creative. However, I spend too long doing it and then I realize I haven’t completed my period of focused work. Then I chastise myself for wasting time. The cycle goes on… complimenting myself for my creative wandering thoughts then berating myself for wasting time.
Eating right, exercising, meditating, sleeping well, and sticking to my routines and rituals does allow me to get focused work accomplished and then perhaps I should try to let my mind have wandering thoughts and rather than berating myself, I should try to gently guide myself back to accomplishing work- or if I have completed my work, I should enjoy the wandering thoughts for a little bit of time!?
Not the best
if you let your mind wander when you really have
to focus on a particular task.
the task completed
With wandering thoughts
Ones full potential.
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.