Actually, I'm not sure if I know of any? I normally just go in my room or play music when I'm exercising. Maybe I should ask this question?
If I need to focus, I’ll put on distant thunderstorm sounds! The sound of rain is calming to me, but the spread out bouts of thunder freaks me out, so I feel relaxed while working but also pressure to finish the task at hand so I can turn it off.
One of my creative ways was to put my Earphones in as if I’m listening to music and turn my tv off . This usually helps me to zone out and focus on the main important thing , which for me right now is my property and causality exam coming up soon. I get so lost in my studies that when I realize how late or long I’ve been studying and pull the headphones out, I’m in such shock I stayed in a nice quite place the whole time . Make sure there are no distractions anywhere and if you do need a little noise try to listen to something your working on or studying something to keep you still focused and motivated. Make sure the volume is low and you can hear yourself think. I hope this was helpful
I actually put in headphone and put on a podcast and it really helps me to focus on my work. Also I sometimes move to a space where I am by myself so I can really focus.
Well, I love to accomplish things. So I made it a game. When I allow something or even some distract me I lose points my goal whenever I am doing my deep work I have to have 100 point so I can get a snack.
My phone is on perpetual do not disturb so that others won’t distract me. I put my phone in a small bag and slightly out of reach so I won’t distract myself.
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)