- What is the time slot during which you practice deep work?
- How do you put together your to do list if you feel like there is nothing of importance to accomplish that day?
- Any hint to actually do the most important big tasks, during the deep work session, instead of smaller, also necessary but less critical tasks?
- What sort of work do you do for deep work?
- How do you motivate yourself to take on tasks you’re dreading?
1) Devices or people
For both of these, "blocking" is the way to go For people of course this should be more of a request.
2) Other things racing in your mind.
Generally the result of your not tracking all your open loops effectively, the solution is just to jot down in your notebook or task management system whatever the open loop you're thinking about is/needs done about it. It is absolutely key you review this list often enough that you truly trust it.
3) The task itself
In the words of David Allen, author of the life management system Getting Things Done ™, "you're more productive when you're relaxed." In so far as it is the task itself that is distracting you, relaxing and looking at it objectively is a massive help. If needed, take just a second to compare it to a circumstance like being in a war just to make you realise you're actually pretty well off right now and what you're facing isn't so scary.
- How can you motivate yourself to stay in your deep work session every day, even if you have a lot other things to do besides and feel like you don’t have time for it?
- Have you ever been in situation that you must choose to go to high school which you don’t like and you can’t understand about 6 subjects in that school , you think that, that school is not for you, you think that is hard for you and you want to go to other school but your parents are not letting you to go?
- As a 12 year old gotta long should I deep work for in one sitting
- Can i know how to focus myself when carrying out the Deep Focus habit, if my daily schedule is packed and my surroundings are disturbing
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?