- Before I start working on a project, I get anxious before I’ve even begun. Do you know any tricks to stop this kind of defeatist attitude?
- Do you reward yourself for accomplishing deep work? How?
- I need to isolate myself to be able to do deep work. It makes me seem less social and also a bit disconnected from family at times during evenings and weekends. It is hard on them, and I feel torn between work and family demands. How do you negotiate with your family to come to an understanding that you need to do this?
- What do you prioritize in the morning? My habits are adding up and I think I need to choose some.
- How do you stay focused on a task for a long period of time when you don’t like what your doing/studying?
1) Devices or people
For both of these, "blocking" is the way to go For people of course this should be more of a request.
2) Other things racing in your mind.
Generally the result of your not tracking all your open loops effectively, the solution is just to jot down in your notebook or task management system whatever the open loop you're thinking about is/needs done about it. It is absolutely key you review this list often enough that you truly trust it.
3) The task itself
In the words of David Allen, author of the life management system Getting Things Done ™, "you're more productive when you're relaxed." In so far as it is the task itself that is distracting you, relaxing and looking at it objectively is a massive help. If needed, take just a second to compare it to a circumstance like being in a war just to make you realise you're actually pretty well off right now and what you're facing isn't so scary.
- Do you have problem with short attention span? Do you find it difficult to concentrate?
- Why is Deep Work recommended in the afternoon?
- What do you do when you encounter sudden distractions that fatigue you?
- What do you mean by deep work habit?
- How do you choose what to work on? I find myself straying away from tasks I am afraid I will fail at, and sometimes even trick myself into taking on less important tasks, instead.
- What exactly is deep work?
- Do you find it more beneficial to deeply focus on tasks at hand or spend time on an ongoing project when you are fully focused for a dedicated time span?
- How do you block out distractions?
- What process do you go through when working on the Deep Work habit? Also, would someone expound on the Morning Pages habit? I’m not sure that I am doing it correctly!
- How do you keep up with Fabulous?