I remind myself that a deep work session will allow me to enjoy the rest of the day after I breeze through my remaining work load. I appreciate the hard work because it allows me to play with complete focus! 💪🏽😀
I try to concentrate on the feeling that I have after the deep work session; a mixture of accomplishment and relief, rather that the work itself. It’s *that* feeling that makes it non-negotiable for me, regardless of what sort of day I have ahead of me. I also don’t make it too inflexible. If my day is better suited to a later deep work session then so be it. The danger of setting a rigid deadline, to me anyway, is that you may feel you’ve failed if you don’t meet it. There is no harm in moving the goalposts occasionally if the outcome is the same!
I’m too much motivatiting in the morning,but when I started the work I’mfqcing a distraction in my mind make me stop focusing on work and just focus on thinking of another things like problems
I think that by completing the work in the first half of the day I can focus on the other work and get it completed and also plan effectively for the next day as well.
Sorry that has never happened to me. I always have a heavy workload…so much so that some days I’ve no idea where to start
I break it up into 1/3s so I have tiny 5 minute breaks or if someone or something interrupt me while I'm doing my whatever it is I'm doing
Hans Herbert A.
It’s not about clearing off your to do list, it’s about maintaining habit and keeping your motivation consistent. Maybe your work is light but that just means you have time to focus on bettering the other parts of your life. Maybe a nap or a workout will be the most productive thing you do. Keep the fire stoked for when tables turn.
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?
- I need some focus and motivational quotes to help me get going.
- What’s a good time to do deep work. Morning, afternoon or evening?
- How to stop procrastinating?
- What do you do when you can’t focus?
- What do you consider as deep work?
- How do you increase the amount of deep work you do without getting distracted?
- What’s your idea of deep work? Does it need to be at a desk or can it be a sport ir house chore?
- How to I get motivated to work when I can easily just not do anything ?
- What do you for your Deep Work Habit if you are retired or otherwise don’t work outside the home?