Anthony Le gall
Before start a deep work session, turn off all your cell phone notifications and avoid every kind of distractions. Take a bottle of water by your side and try not to think in the rest of the world.
- When do you meditate? Does your partner of friend join? For me it’s awkward to do it in the same room.
- What is the one habit you have that positively impacts your productivity?
- What’s your routine to get into deep work?
- When do you Deep work?
- What’s the difference between Deep Work and Block Distractions to you?
I find the playlist that reflects what I need from that session. It may be calming background music like Jazz, or Peaceful Guitar, or it may be uplifting Gospel that pulls my gratitude forward. Another thing I do is pour a cup of water and grab a bite and sit them right in front of me on my work space. I get distracted easily so I don't need any excuse to find something more interesting to do, not even getting a glass of water.
Quick move around, think about what I'm focusing on. Cup of tea and glass of water handy. Shut the door or put headphones in. Then go!
I usually seek out some place that is NOT my bedroom and conducive to studying (relatively low volume, good lighting, seating comfortable for 1 to 2 hours). I grab a drink before sitting down so that I won't be tempted to get up. I set a reasonable goal for my deep work session and divide that into smaller tasks if necessary. Then I begin! I reward myself after with a snack or a short 20-min episode of a show. Remember, rewarding yourself for meeting your goals helps enforce good habits! 😉
- What is your hack for doing deep work, especially when you have to do a task that isn’t very interesting?
- How do you stay focused during a Deep Work session?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am using my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- How do you decide which time of the day is best for deep work and good for other no-brain tasks? How do you prioritise if no-brain tasks need to be done as soon as possible and you have many of them?
- How do you prioritize what deep work to do?
- What is the best way to meditate?
- Do you adjust your deep work sessions according to the task or do you simply work in regular intervals?
- Do you find it easier setting the reminder timers or is it better to just do each routine at specific time in the day as my shift are unpredictable and it’s hard to have a set start and end to my day?
- How do you motivate yourself and get ready?
- How do you organize your time to be efficient in deep work?