Anthony Le gall
Before start a deep work session, turn off all your cell phone notifications and avoid every kind of distractions. Take a bottle of water by your side and try not to think in the rest of the world.
- How do you determine when to load your daily schedule with more tasks, especially those very demanding ones?
- When someone is eagerly waiting to talk to me and I’m trying to work with full focus, I feel bad to keep the person waiting. How do I handle this situation?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- How do you avoid distractions?
- How to prevent boredom while doing deep work (including studying)?
I find the playlist that reflects what I need from that session. It may be calming background music like Jazz, or Peaceful Guitar, or it may be uplifting Gospel that pulls my gratitude forward. Another thing I do is pour a cup of water and grab a bite and sit them right in front of me on my work space. I get distracted easily so I don't need any excuse to find something more interesting to do, not even getting a glass of water.
Quick move around, think about what I'm focusing on. Cup of tea and glass of water handy. Shut the door or put headphones in. Then go!
I usually seek out some place that is NOT my bedroom and conducive to studying (relatively low volume, good lighting, seating comfortable for 1 to 2 hours). I grab a drink before sitting down so that I won't be tempted to get up. I set a reasonable goal for my deep work session and divide that into smaller tasks if necessary. Then I begin! I reward myself after with a snack or a short 20-min episode of a show. Remember, rewarding yourself for meeting your goals helps enforce good habits! 😉
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?