I usually seek out some place that is NOT my bedroom and conducive to studying (relatively low volume, good lighting, seating comfortable for 1 to 2 hours). I grab a drink before sitting down so that I won't be tempted to get up. I set a reasonable goal for my deep work session and divide that into smaller tasks if necessary. Then I begin! I reward myself after with a snack or a short 20-min episode of a show. Remember, rewarding yourself for meeting your goals helps enforce good habits! 😉
Th O S.
Quick move around, think about what I'm focusing on. Cup of tea and glass of water handy. Shut the door or put headphones in. Then go!
I find the playlist that reflects what I need from that session. It may be calming background music like Jazz, or Peaceful Guitar, or it may be uplifting Gospel that pulls my gratitude forward. Another thing I do is pour a cup of water and grab a bite and sit them right in front of me on my work space. I get distracted easily so I don't need any excuse to find something more interesting to do, not even getting a glass of water.
Before start a deep work session, turn off all your cell phone notifications and avoid every kind of distractions. Take a bottle of water by your side and try not to think in the rest of the world.
- Do you find yourself procrastinating when you need to start a project? If so how do you get out of that mindset?
- How do you make sure you’re not interrupted during deep work?
- Is there anything you have found that keeps you focused? How do you keep that going when you get distracted?
- How long should your breaks be?
- If I don’t like coffee or tea, what can I drink to help keep me focused? ( keep in mind that I’m really serious about keeping my body healthy)
- What strategies can I do to work more consistently at certain times everyday?
- What kind of tasks do you dedicate for your Deep Work habit ?
- What’s the duration you’ve outlined for deep work?
- How to avoid procrastination?
- What kind of deep work you do