First of all, I wake up an hour earlier than anyone else. Second, I tell my family that I need an hour in the morning to work and not be distracted. Third, I put everything on plane mode.
Fourth, I decide exactly what I will do in the morning the evening before, visualizing me doing it. The fourth is very powerful, as it lowers the barriers to sitting down.
Keep on trying!!
- Before I start working on a project, I get anxious before I’ve even begun. Do you know any tricks to stop this kind of defeatist attitude?
- How do you block out distractions?
- Does anyone ever feel like… The work I get paid for is more important than the work I do for myself?
- Are there tricks or tools to help me complete my deep work with fewer family distractions?
- How do you stay focused during a Deep Work session?
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?