I myself don’t *entirely* share your dilemma, in that even if my mind wants to stay with deep work longer than the time I have allotted, it is a rare treat when someone in my environment (husband, child, student) doesn’t break my focus either by requesting my attention or by making too much ambient noise. That said, I have tried to adopt the idea of using every distraction as an opportunity. When I wrench mind from my deep work, I ask myself, “What can I do with this opportunity?” I have also had some success using the “Revise and Recommit” habit to return to deep work. (I eventually omitted the habit, though, in an overall habit purge because at a certain point the sheer number of habits I accumulated through taking various Fabulous journeys felt intenable and stressful. I think I need to accumulate habits and journeys at a slower pace.)
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?
- How do you stay focused for 4 hours?
- What is your favorite way to study?
- How can I focus on these days when I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and I feel tired?
- What is the best way to study for a big exam?
- Typing or writing? Which one do you like best?
- How can i learning english as far as possible ?
- Are u really concerntrating in the deep work??If so how??and if not why?
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?