I myself don’t *entirely* share your dilemma, in that even if my mind wants to stay with deep work longer than the time I have allotted, it is a rare treat when someone in my environment (husband, child, student) doesn’t break my focus either by requesting my attention or by making too much ambient noise. That said, I have tried to adopt the idea of using every distraction as an opportunity. When I wrench mind from my deep work, I ask myself, “What can I do with this opportunity?” I have also had some success using the “Revise and Recommit” habit to return to deep work. (I eventually omitted the habit, though, in an overall habit purge because at a certain point the sheer number of habits I accumulated through taking various Fabulous journeys felt intenable and stressful. I think I need to accumulate habits and journeys at a slower pace.)
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?