I do all sorts of things. I do things where I need to really concentrate. Writing rituals, reading non-fiction, artwork, and more. All of these I consider deep work because they foster my creativity and introspection.
I believe that it is a matter of preference. I use a Waterpik in the morning and floss at night. After flossing I rinse with a little water and mouthwash to be sure that I got all the bits out of my mouth that the floss loosened.
I save the Deep Work habit for my most thought-intensive work requiring the most focus, which in my case is writing my dissertation.
Reviewing my most difficult files to confirm background facts, positions of the parties, items and tasks relating to upcoming deadlines and general strategy going forward
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?