I do all sorts of things. I do things where I need to really concentrate. Writing rituals, reading non-fiction, artwork, and more. All of these I consider deep work because they foster my creativity and introspection.
I believe that it is a matter of preference. I use a Waterpik in the morning and floss at night. After flossing I rinse with a little water and mouthwash to be sure that I got all the bits out of my mouth that the floss loosened.
I save the Deep Work habit for my most thought-intensive work requiring the most focus, which in my case is writing my dissertation.
Reviewing my most difficult files to confirm background facts, positions of the parties, items and tasks relating to upcoming deadlines and general strategy going forward
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?
- I need some focus and motivational quotes to help me get going.
- What’s a good time to do deep work. Morning, afternoon or evening?
- How to stop procrastinating?
- What do you do when you can’t focus?
- What do you consider as deep work?
- How do you increase the amount of deep work you do without getting distracted?
- What’s your idea of deep work? Does it need to be at a desk or can it be a sport ir house chore?
- How to I get motivated to work when I can easily just not do anything ?
- What do you for your Deep Work Habit if you are retired or otherwise don’t work outside the home?