Television and pot. The best way to not get sucked in the black hole of tv is to just not turn it on. Do something else in that time. This is harder on days I know a show I’m looking forward to seeing will be on.
As for pot, not having it or not having it along with a tv helps. I can work on pot as long as there’s no television
I have ADHD-Innattentive Type, Depression, and Anxiety, so anything that is truly effortless, increases Dopamine, and helps me disassociate: FaceBook. 😭 However, since I added "Observe Digital Use" to both my morning and evening routines, I have been able to cut this out. In the morning, I make a note within the task stating, "I want to spend less than an hour on Facebook today." In the evening, I write note within the task about how I did and why. I've also set up my Facebook app to notify me when I've been on Facebook for an hour. You can also see your log of how much time you've spent on the app. This has helped tremendously!
Distractions that come paired with something that is part of the deep work. For example, using a phone app for work, but noticing those notifications on the home screen. Or referencing a work-related email and noticing all the new emails in the inbox. I try to turn a blind eye to them, but that’s very difficult. I might start setting intervals for when I can check those things so I’m not tempted to check in the middle of deep work.
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?