I have ADHD-Innattentive Type, Depression, and Anxiety, so anything that is truly effortless, increases Dopamine, and helps me disassociate: FaceBook. 😭 However, since I added "Observe Digital Use" to both my morning and evening routines, I have been able to cut this out. In the morning, I make a note within the task stating, "I want to spend less than an hour on Facebook today." In the evening, I write note within the task about how I did and why. I've also set up my Facebook app to notify me when I've been on Facebook for an hour. You can also see your log of how much time you've spent on the app. This has helped tremendously!
- What you do when you catch yourself getting distracted?
- How do you choose what to work on? I find myself straying away from tasks I am afraid I will fail at, and sometimes even trick myself into taking on less important tasks, instead.
- How long should I do Deep Work?
- How do I choose what to work on when doing deep work?
- How does one avoid temptations like sugary breakfasts and distracting sites in the first hours after waking up?
Distractions that come paired with something that is part of the deep work. For example, using a phone app for work, but noticing those notifications on the home screen. Or referencing a work-related email and noticing all the new emails in the inbox. I try to turn a blind eye to them, but that’s very difficult. I might start setting intervals for when I can check those things so I’m not tempted to check in the middle of deep work.
Television and pot. The best way to not get sucked in the black hole of tv is to just not turn it on. Do something else in that time. This is harder on days I know a show I’m looking forward to seeing will be on.
As for pot, not having it or not having it along with a tv helps. I can work on pot as long as there’s no television
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?