I use the classical music for studying, smooth jazz, and the video game music channels on Pandora to support my focus. Instrumentals work the best. If I really need to hammer through something, I go back to my favorite hard rock or 80’s heavy metal.
- How do you make yourself WANT to do something? Personally, I find it difficult to even get motivation to start working. What about you? Do you have any tips?
- What is the best environment to do deep work in?
- How do you deal with interruptions during your Deep Work session?
- How long do u stay away from technology?
- How long do you do Deep Work? I’ve kept mine at 25 minutes but is there more benefit to focusing for longer periods at a time?
Complex classical music on a single instrument is the best because it’s very mathematical for the brain. I like piano sonatas and Bach’s violin partitas.
The new Daniel Amen Barry Goldstein piece that involves brainwaves. Or other Relaxation Music, Softjazz, something that doesn’t distract me from my goals but enhances my work.
I do my focus work in silence as music distracts me, but choose what works for you. Maybe something without lyrics is easier to not be distracted by.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?