I do my focus work in silence as music distracts me, but choose what works for you. Maybe something without lyrics is easier to not be distracted by.
I use the classical music for studying, smooth jazz, and the video game music channels on Pandora to support my focus. Instrumentals work the best. If I really need to hammer through something, I go back to my favorite hard rock or 80’s heavy metal.
Complex classical music on a single instrument is the best because it’s very mathematical for the brain. I like piano sonatas and Bach’s violin partitas.
The new Daniel Amen Barry Goldstein piece that involves brainwaves. Or other Relaxation Music, Softjazz, something that doesn’t distract me from my goals but enhances my work.
- Does the distraction list help?
- How long should your deep work be?
- How do you say no politely
- How much time do they spend deep in work?
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?
- How do you stay focused for 4 hours?
- What is your favorite way to study?
- How can I focus on these days when I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and I feel tired?
- What is the best way to study for a big exam?