I do my focus work in silence as music distracts me, but choose what works for you. Maybe something without lyrics is easier to not be distracted by.
I use the classical music for studying, smooth jazz, and the video game music channels on Pandora to support my focus. Instrumentals work the best. If I really need to hammer through something, I go back to my favorite hard rock or 80’s heavy metal.
Complex classical music on a single instrument is the best because it’s very mathematical for the brain. I like piano sonatas and Bach’s violin partitas.
The new Daniel Amen Barry Goldstein piece that involves brainwaves. Or other Relaxation Music, Softjazz, something that doesn’t distract me from my goals but enhances my work.
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.