I use the classical music for studying, smooth jazz, and the video game music channels on Pandora to support my focus. Instrumentals work the best. If I really need to hammer through something, I go back to my favorite hard rock or 80’s heavy metal.
- What if I become anxious about other tasks and lose focus on my set goal?
- How do you deal with procrastination?
- How do I move forward despite not having completed goals from earlier in the day? I feel like I get bogged down in “morning” things.
- I can often get lost for hours in deep work forgetting to take breaks or to stop to eat then end up going to bed very late. I do not want to stop when I get started. What suggestions and advice do you have?
- How do you follow your routines without getting distracted?
Complex classical music on a single instrument is the best because it’s very mathematical for the brain. I like piano sonatas and Bach’s violin partitas.
The new Daniel Amen Barry Goldstein piece that involves brainwaves. Or other Relaxation Music, Softjazz, something that doesn’t distract me from my goals but enhances my work.
I do my focus work in silence as music distracts me, but choose what works for you. Maybe something without lyrics is easier to not be distracted by.
- How can you motivate yourself to stay in your deep work session every day, even if you have a lot other things to do besides and feel like you don’t have time for it?
- Have you ever been in situation that you must choose to go to high school which you don’t like and you can’t understand about 6 subjects in that school , you think that, that school is not for you, you think that is hard for you and you want to go to other school but your parents are not letting you to go?
- As a 12 year old gotta long should I deep work for in one sitting
- Can i know how to focus myself when carrying out the Deep Focus habit, if my daily schedule is packed and my surroundings are disturbing
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?