Sometimes it’s best to create a compromise – something that meets in the middle. You wake up same time every day, and do your morning routine, and then allow the evening routine to fall where it falls. But ultimately, if you’re striving for consistency, then it may be good to evaluate your job, what it’s offering versus alternatives that may give you more consistency. Sometimes to make the change we need to go deeper and further than ever anticipated, because of that, I’ve lived on different continents, held numerous jobs, took my time finding what is important to me, and when a job that gave me opportunities to address the most important stuff in my life, I held onto it. I won’t always be at it, but I was able to get out of toxic jobs, toxic relationships, and toxic lifestyles by being willing to go further than anticipated
- How do you enter into deep work on a long-term project if you only have 30 minutes at your disposal?
- What sort of deep work do others do?
- I have a mechanical timer ⏲. Pomodoro. It’s part of me, I like to work with it. I love its loud ringing when pomodoro is up. The problem is I can only use it at home for it would scare my peers at work. Are there some silent mechanical tools for pomodoro technique and deep work sessions?
- Do you have any tricks to don’t forger the pomodoro time tracking? I use to do one or two pomodoros and then focus that much that I simply forget about the pomodoro timer.
- How to stay motivated whilst working?
Setting up a time is way better. You can start your morning routine before everything starts. Waking up an hour earlier will do the job.
Africano Da paz
I find it easier to set myself a rule. I have to start my morning routine within the first hour of waking up, and I have to start my evening routine about an hour before I plan to go to bed. That way it doesn't matter if I up at 5 am or 1 pm, and it doesn't matter if I go to sleep at 9 pm or 4 am
- Do you have problem with short attention span? Do you find it difficult to concentrate?
- Why is Deep Work recommended in the afternoon?
- What do you do when you encounter sudden distractions that fatigue you?
- What do you mean by deep work habit?
- How do you choose what to work on? I find myself straying away from tasks I am afraid I will fail at, and sometimes even trick myself into taking on less important tasks, instead.
- What exactly is deep work?
- Do you find it more beneficial to deeply focus on tasks at hand or spend time on an ongoing project when you are fully focused for a dedicated time span?
- How do you block out distractions?
- What process do you go through when working on the Deep Work habit? Also, would someone expound on the Morning Pages habit? I’m not sure that I am doing it correctly!
- How do you keep up with Fabulous?