I find it easier to set myself a rule. I have to start my morning routine within the first hour of waking up, and I have to start my evening routine about an hour before I plan to go to bed. That way it doesn't matter if I up at 5 am or 1 pm, and it doesn't matter if I go to sleep at 9 pm or 4 am
Setting up a time is way better. You can start your morning routine before everything starts. Waking up an hour earlier will do the job.
Sometimes it’s best to create a compromise – something that meets in the middle. You wake up same time every day, and do your morning routine, and then allow the evening routine to fall where it falls. But ultimately, if you’re striving for consistency, then it may be good to evaluate your job, what it’s offering versus alternatives that may give you more consistency. Sometimes to make the change we need to go deeper and further than ever anticipated, because of that, I’ve lived on different continents, held numerous jobs, took my time finding what is important to me, and when a job that gave me opportunities to address the most important stuff in my life, I held onto it. I won’t always be at it, but I was able to get out of toxic jobs, toxic relationships, and toxic lifestyles by being willing to go further than anticipated
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)