My dentist says it’s actually better to floss BEFORE brushing your teeth. Because whatever food particles flossing dislodges can be easily removed when you brush your teeth. Only then is thorough cleaning achieved.
To be honest I don’t know why, but all my live I’ve been tolt to but I chose to not listened it, now I got a serious case of gengivites, so I totally recommend a proper oral higiene.
It's important to floss before you brush your teeth. If you floss after, then you will need to brush again. By flossing before, you will remove what's between your teeth and brush it away. By flossing after, you will put the grime from between your teeth to the rest of your teeth. Floss before, not after.
It keeps your gums healthy by removing bacteria that builds up. This bacteria can cause your gums to recede over time and other dental issues. Also it just feels really clean and prevents nasty stuff from hanging around in your mouth.
Before or after you brush doesn’t matter as much as getting the floss between your teeth at some point. Rid your mouth of decaying food particles for healthy teeth and gums. Grab the floss and Just do it!
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss