I think it depends on the person. I like using a floss pick as I personally find it easier but it really depends on you.
Recommended by my dentist: Use a long strand of dental floss (not a floss pick) so you can wrap the extra length on each side around your index fingers and use your thumbs to push the floss between your teeth. Be sure to pull the floss towards the tooth that you are flossing when pulling the floss out.
Flossing for about two minutes is good for when you floss. Make sure to floss each tooth multiple times and check each tooth to make sure there's nothing left that is still stuck in there. Rinse your mouth with water once your done to wash away any bleeding from your gums that might start while flossing.
Make a ‘c’ shape around your tooth with the floss and try to move up and down. Avoid yanking the floss down and cutting your gums. Instead carefully shimmy the floss.
Using your choice of floss, make a motion of the letter "C" up against one side of the tooth and then the same against the opposite tooth.
I start with my "problem areas ", then go through each tooth one by one so the tighter spaces get the most attention. Hope that makes sense!
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss