- How do you get into hard to reach places between your teeth?
- I know that I really need to floss, but I have really sensitive gums and I don’t like doing it at all. I usually avoid it. Do you have any tips on how to start doing it more regularly?
- So you know if there’s scientifically proven benefits to flossing?
- Does any one know of a dental floss or product that is biodegradable or eco-conscious?
- Should you do intermittent fasting if you are an athlete?
2. Set floss as a reminder in fabulous
3. Only add flaws after you are in the habit of completing your golden triangle – Doing so will increase your motivation to take that final step to complete the triangle by flossing.
I bough a bag of those little plastic sticks with floss at one end and the equivalent of a toothpick at the other. These were easy to use and didn’t bother my healing finger.
I chose to stick with them after the finger healed because they work better. The pointy end gets bigger things stuck between my teeth which I used to have to floss and floss to get out. The floss deals with what it should. And I have no purple fingers. Yay!!!
2. Keep it at a place that's easily visible!
3. As soon as you see the notification, just do it! Don't delay or snooze!
I really like the Listerine Ultraclean flossers. They’re only $2 st Walmart and look like a rake, with the head being a bow of thin floss. Because it’s as long as a toothbrush, it’s easy to get between all the back teeth—something the shorter 2.5 inch flossers don’t do. They usually hit the side of your mouth trying to get the molars clean.
So if you don’t want to deal with tourniqueting your fingertips, getting spit all over your hands, or ripping floss in between your teeth, that’s my recommendation.
Another is to not wait till the end of the day. Like exercise you can floss anytime, so mix it up. Do it after lunch when you’re less likely to skip it. Flossing even once a day is more than a majority of people do on a regular basis. Weird when you know that 7 out of 8 cavities on adult teeth start in between teeth.
Plus, I keep a flossers in my car and do it at red lights. You’re always bound to hit one. Probably gross for anyone staring at me. But it’s like that saying goes:
In my 20’s I worried about what other people thought. In my 30’s and 40’s I didn’t care what people thought of me. In my 50’s I realized no one had been thinking about me at all.
When it comes to flossing in the evening, I view it as a ritual to unwind my brain and let thoughts fly freely while I’m mindlessly brushing and flossing my teeth. And these mindless actions help me to let go of day troubles, say goodnight to them and just relax.
- What do you prefer traditional floss or water picks?
- Is it really helpfull to have the floss habit?
- what is perfect method for floss?
- What tools are the best to clean the teeth with a lot of dental fillings?
- How do you motivate yourself to floss everyday?
- What’s the best way to preform flossing your teeth?
- How often should a person be flossing their teeth
- How do you floss without making your gum bleed too badly? I can’t seem to do it right haha
- How to do a good floss?
- how have you fallen into habit, i can not master it