I really like the Listerine Ultraclean flossers. They’re only $2 st Walmart and look like a rake, with the head being a bow of thin floss. Because it’s as long as a toothbrush, it’s easy to get between all the back teeth—something the shorter 2.5 inch flossers don’t do. They usually hit the side of your mouth trying to get the molars clean.
So if you don’t want to deal with tourniqueting your fingertips, getting spit all over your hands, or ripping floss in between your teeth, that’s my recommendation.
Another is to not wait till the end of the day. Like exercise you can floss anytime, so mix it up. Do it after lunch when you’re less likely to skip it. Flossing even once a day is more than a majority of people do on a regular basis. Weird when you know that 7 out of 8 cavities on adult teeth start in between teeth.
Plus, I keep a flossers in my car and do it at red lights. You’re always bound to hit one. Probably gross for anyone staring at me. But it’s like that saying goes:
In my 20’s I worried about what other people thought. In my 30’s and 40’s I didn’t care what people thought of me. In my 50’s I realized no one had been thinking about me at all.
I bough a bag of those little plastic sticks with floss at one end and the equivalent of a toothpick at the other. These were easy to use and didn’t bother my healing finger.
I chose to stick with them after the finger healed because they work better. The pointy end gets bigger things stuck between my teeth which I used to have to floss and floss to get out. The floss deals with what it should. And I have no purple fingers. Yay!!!
2. Keep it at a place that's easily visible!
3. As soon as you see the notification, just do it! Don't delay or snooze!
When it comes to flossing in the evening, I view it as a ritual to unwind my brain and let thoughts fly freely while I’m mindlessly brushing and flossing my teeth. And these mindless actions help me to let go of day troubles, say goodnight to them and just relax.
2. Set floss as a reminder in fabulous
3. Only add flaws after you are in the habit of completing your golden triangle – Doing so will increase your motivation to take that final step to complete the triangle by flossing.
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss