It’s less that I don’t have time, more that I feel like it’s not usually necessary. If I have something from dinner stuck in my teeth, yeah I’ll floss to get it out, but otherwise, I don’t really see the point. Logically, I know why flossing matters, but without seeing day-to-day differences, it’s hard to stay motivated to do something that’s not fun and not *immediately and visibly* helpful/apparent.
I always do. Flossing is essential for proper dental hygiene. I carry a floss in my briefcase and use it even after lunch. Meal stuck between your teeth for hours or overnight is a highway to caries and paradontosis.
It just seems like such a small task and like it doesn't matter, so I make excuses that I don't have to. But those excuses build up. Before I know it, I haven't flossed for a week! That's why I decided to add it to my Fabulous Routine. It really does help me remember.
I keep waiting until it's the last thing I do before leaving. Tomorrow I'll try having breakfast earlier and flossing right after (I got my night floss in nearly every day)
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss