You may want to floss more once you start. If you feel like doing more at that time you can do more. After consistently flossing add two more teeth to your routine. Before you know it you are flossing all of your teeth consistently.
Secondly, make it fun (yes really). It's boring, so I make faces at myself in the mirror or floss with my daughter.
Third, technique. Take a 20cm length, wrap around each index finger securely. Start in the middle of your two top front teeth and make sure you get every gap.
That's about it!
- Why do you avoid flossing?
- Is flossing my teeth every day too often?
- Are you flossing every night? It’s more important than you think.
- I know that this is more person to person, but would it help more to floss a while before going to bed, or right before?
- When should I floss?
- Does anyone worry about flossing too much?
- I am flossing intermittently. Looking for Ideas to keep consistent.
- How do you feel about water picks? Have you used them before?
- Any particular flossing technique I need to know?
- How long do you usually floss per day?