Ive been surprised how much i have enjoyed unguided meditation. Commiting to it every day has been really good and helped me to feel like ive seen a little bit of progress. I like guided as well but i dont like to listen to them more than a couple of times. I dobt liketo be able to anticipate what theyre about to say as it takes me out of the meditation. Meditation feels like a brain cleanse and reset. Its made a big difference to my life
I have been meditating for about 1.5 years and follow guided meditations. You can start off with guided sessions and move on to unguided ones over time. I use Headspace app for it. Super helpful.
Guiding meditation is better for me because it helps my thought to come back to the centre of my mind and keep me focused on meditation
I did guided meditation for about a year until I felt comfortable visualizing on my own. Then I started tailoring my meditations to what I need at the moment. Sometimes I'll listen to music on YouTube.
I prefer simple meditations – it’s almost easier for me to not have extra things to focus on, since I find slowing my brain down to be SUPER hard! Just trying to refocus on my breath is a full time job 🙂
I have ADD so I prefer guided meditation. I use an app called Let's Meditate and found my favorite meditation to help me go to sleep. I also keep a pictural journal. I've tried writing a journal but hated it (but I do like to write novellas, short stories and scripts) but I started doing the grateful journaling and just write down the things that made me happy and draw a picture of my day.
- What music should I meditate to and for how long??😇
- What is your favorite spot to meditate?
- Do you use mantras while you meditate? And if so, which ones work well for you?
- What is the easiest way to get rid of a distracted mind during meditation?
- What is the best way to meditate? It is best to have a longer time limit or start with a slower time limit?
- Is it bad that I don’t try to be present? I can very easily get focused on my body and senses so it’s not like I can’t be present. It’s just most of the time I use meditation as a way to jump start my mind to create and focusing on my breath doesn’t really did that. It’s like the meditation is a travel agent setting my mind off so I can follow where it goes.
- How long do you tend to mediate for each day?
- Do you have any fun meditation techniques, that makes meditation fun and motivating to do?
- I struggle keeping myself concentrated with meditation, how can I overcome that? Thx
- What apps do you use for meditating?