Ive been surprised how much i have enjoyed unguided meditation. Commiting to it every day has been really good and helped me to feel like ive seen a little bit of progress. I like guided as well but i dont like to listen to them more than a couple of times. I dobt liketo be able to anticipate what theyre about to say as it takes me out of the meditation. Meditation feels like a brain cleanse and reset. Its made a big difference to my life
I have been meditating for about 1.5 years and follow guided meditations. You can start off with guided sessions and move on to unguided ones over time. I use Headspace app for it. Super helpful.
Guiding meditation is better for me because it helps my thought to come back to the centre of my mind and keep me focused on meditation
I did guided meditation for about a year until I felt comfortable visualizing on my own. Then I started tailoring my meditations to what I need at the moment. Sometimes I'll listen to music on YouTube.
I prefer simple meditations – it’s almost easier for me to not have extra things to focus on, since I find slowing my brain down to be SUPER hard! Just trying to refocus on my breath is a full time job 🙂
I have ADD so I prefer guided meditation. I use an app called Let's Meditate and found my favorite meditation to help me go to sleep. I also keep a pictural journal. I've tried writing a journal but hated it (but I do like to write novellas, short stories and scripts) but I started doing the grateful journaling and just write down the things that made me happy and draw a picture of my day.
- Does maintaining an upright seated position while meditating get easier with practice?
- How do you meditate outside house, say at work, without attracting too much attention of people around?
- Do you ever meditate while lying on your back? Is this a valid way to meditate?
- I usually meditate by lying over the ground and closing my eyes… can I do it while doing other postures like Yoga and how to do it
- What’s you’re advice for someone with severe pain syndrome or fibromyalgia? When having bad days, it’s so hard to stick to the routines, the chain breaks so soon and it have physical and emotional pain everytime.
- Do you only use meditate as a point of focus or for anything else? Visualization, reflection, prayer?
- which part of the day do you feel is the best time for you to meditate? thanks!
- What is an ideal duration for meditating? What time of the day/night? Does it matters?
- Sitting on thr floor upright is painful for my back. Are there any suggestions on how to improve my meditation posture?
- Do any of y’all use headspace as a meditation app? How’s it going?