Also, it lowers anger and frustration so I remain calmer when something negative happens. As a character in the story "Wonder" stated, why worry about the future when we are in the present and the bad things you worry about are not happening now." Not an exact quote, but it is something I'm working on with mindfulness meditation and focusing on the present. You do not ignore problems, but deal with them taking one small step if it's overwhelming. Like Lao Tzu said, A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Even a small step makes a difference. Don't be overwhelmed. Meditation helps you be calm and focused and reduces the feelings of being overwhelmed and gives you the ability to take one small step towards things you can deal with.
And with loving kindness, you can soothe yourself and others to make the journey.
- Do you ever use walking meditation instead of seated one?
- How long did it take you to see the benefit of meditation?
- What is your meditation ritual? Do you have certain sounds, smells, locations you like?
- How do i see when meditating has started to change me into a better person?
- Do you know of someone kind of meditation style that fits hiperactive people? I am one and no matter how hard I try I’m always frustrated after meditating… Something in me just hates not moving or focusing on only one thing…
- How to meditate when I am surrounding with a lot of younger siblings? P.S. I mean that I’m a teenager and needed help for self-discipline and independent ASAP.
- When is the best time to meditate during the day?
- What to do with the thoughts that come during meditation how to let them go?
- What type of meditation helps you the best?
- In which place is better to do meditation