Also, it lowers anger and frustration so I remain calmer when something negative happens. As a character in the story "Wonder" stated, why worry about the future when we are in the present and the bad things you worry about are not happening now." Not an exact quote, but it is something I'm working on with mindfulness meditation and focusing on the present. You do not ignore problems, but deal with them taking one small step if it's overwhelming. Like Lao Tzu said, A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Even a small step makes a difference. Don't be overwhelmed. Meditation helps you be calm and focused and reduces the feelings of being overwhelmed and gives you the ability to take one small step towards things you can deal with.
And with loving kindness, you can soothe yourself and others to make the journey.
- Do you find meditation more helpful in the morning or the evening?
- How do you keep yourself motivated and disciplined?
- How many hours should you meditate?
- What’s your length goal for meditating? How long do you want to be able to meditate for?
- How long do you meditate for and at what time of day?
- What is your main aim of meditation?
- What is the recommended amount of time to meditate?
- Is it normal to almost go into sleep, then awake in your mind in time for the end of meditation cycle?
- Is it better to do the same meditation multiple times in a row/use the same app/stick to the same teacher, or better to change it up and do a different meditation every day?
- When do you meditate? For how long?