Also, it lowers anger and frustration so I remain calmer when something negative happens. As a character in the story "Wonder" stated, why worry about the future when we are in the present and the bad things you worry about are not happening now." Not an exact quote, but it is something I'm working on with mindfulness meditation and focusing on the present. You do not ignore problems, but deal with them taking one small step if it's overwhelming. Like Lao Tzu said, A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Even a small step makes a difference. Don't be overwhelmed. Meditation helps you be calm and focused and reduces the feelings of being overwhelmed and gives you the ability to take one small step towards things you can deal with.
And with loving kindness, you can soothe yourself and others to make the journey.
- Do you prefer background music or quiet while you meditate?
- Do you prefer meditating in the mornings or evenings?
- What are some tips for someone just starting out with meditation?
- Any good techniques on how to stop your mind wandering while meditating or will it just take lots of practice?
- How do you deal with pain from traumas while meditating and how do you access and release these experiences to fully let them go?
- What do you thing of, while meditating?
- Where is the best place to meditate?
- What type of meditation do you use e.g. guided, breathing etc
- Relationship issues in any form, how do you cope to release tension and heartache?
- Where is the best place to meditate ?