- How do you meditate on your own? I can only do guided meditations right now and I’d like to get to a point where I can just do it in my own, even if just for a few minutes/
- How do you sit straight but relaxed?
- Do you have a favorite time of the day to meditate?
- I am very easily distracted. I am working on doing five minute meditation sessions, but I’d like to move to longer sessions soon. Do you have any tips?
- Which place and time is best for meditation? How long should we meditate and how many times a day?
Also, it lowers anger and frustration so I remain calmer when something negative happens. As a character in the story "Wonder" stated, why worry about the future when we are in the present and the bad things you worry about are not happening now." Not an exact quote, but it is something I'm working on with mindfulness meditation and focusing on the present. You do not ignore problems, but deal with them taking one small step if it's overwhelming. Like Lao Tzu said, A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Even a small step makes a difference. Don't be overwhelmed. Meditation helps you be calm and focused and reduces the feelings of being overwhelmed and gives you the ability to take one small step towards things you can deal with.
And with loving kindness, you can soothe yourself and others to make the journey.
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?