For beginners I'd definitely recommend guided meditations. Once you get the hang of it, you can try music/bells or even silence
Ma Lys S.
for me guided meditation worked best at first and it still does sometimes.try a few of them to see what works for you best in terms of narration/visualisations and then you can take what works for you out of them and meditate on your own
Afr Nio B.
I think a guides one is best to start with so can slowly reach urself how to do it with the guided meditation and once you’ve grown those skills then can practice on ur own. To each their own tho
I feel like guided meditation is a good starting place, as I'd never done anything like that before a helping hand was definitely appreciated, rather than sitting in a quiet place with my own fresh thoughts not knowing how to begin to digest them, I'd maybe try both and see how you feel.
I would definitely say guided at first. Just so you understand how to come back to your breath and to not fret about things. Then go off on your own once you get the idea.
I would say guided meditation was perfect for me when I started. It helps get your breathing centered where it needs to be and helps keep you mind clear.
I choose to believe that the guided meditation is better in the beginning if you've never meditated before and I have never meditated so I find it easier to be able to listen to the calming voice to help guide me in to the place that I'm looking for
Am Lie Z.
Guided! As a beginner I had no idea what to do. Should I think about space or a blank white wall? The guided meditation helped me stay focused and reassured me of my beginning practice.
- What kind of meditation do you practice.
- Do you have a meditation guide that you recommend or a particular teacher that you feel is very helpful for a beginner?
- When’s your favorite time of day to meditate?
- What is the best way and when is the best time to meditate
- Do you find guided or unguided meditation helps to clear your mind more?
- Is there a certain position you find that works better? It seems harder to focus when I try to sit super straight.
- Do you prefer guided mediations or just calming sounds? Do you have any tips to make master meditation?
- Can you meditate properly laying down?
- How do you position yourself when you meditate? Do you sit, lie down, or stand?
- What do you visualise when meditating??