I would say guided meditation was perfect for me when I started. It helps get your breathing centered where it needs to be and helps keep you mind clear.
- How much, how long and how often do you meditate?
- Morning or evening meditations? Which is better? Or is it both, and which method?
- How do you keep track and on top of things when your life is so busy?
- Is there a particular pattern for meditation?
- Do you practice regularly, or meditate as needed. (Ie, when stressed,etc)?
I would definitely say guided at first. Just so you understand how to come back to your breath and to not fret about things. Then go off on your own once you get the idea.
I think a guides one is best to start with so can slowly reach urself how to do it with the guided meditation and once you’ve grown those skills then can practice on ur own. To each their own tho
For beginners I'd definitely recommend guided meditations. Once you get the hang of it, you can try music/bells or even silence
for me guided meditation worked best at first and it still does sometimes.try a few of them to see what works for you best in terms of narration/visualisations and then you can take what works for you out of them and meditate on your own
Guided! As a beginner I had no idea what to do. Should I think about space or a blank white wall? The guided meditation helped me stay focused and reassured me of my beginning practice.
I choose to believe that the guided meditation is better in the beginning if you've never meditated before and I have never meditated so I find it easier to be able to listen to the calming voice to help guide me in to the place that I'm looking for
I feel like guided meditation is a good starting place, as I'd never done anything like that before a helping hand was definitely appreciated, rather than sitting in a quiet place with my own fresh thoughts not knowing how to begin to digest them, I'd maybe try both and see how you feel.
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?