I would say guided meditation was perfect for me when I started. It helps get your breathing centered where it needs to be and helps keep you mind clear.
- What benefits are you feeling after meditation?
- How many times, on average, do you meditate a day?
- How do you keep focus for a longer meditation session?
- Do you prefer guided meditations?
- Sometimes, when I have only 10 min. for a meditation in the morning and afterwards I need to leave to work, I feel it’s rather stressful to meditate. Should I persist with it or rather remove it from my morning routine?
I would definitely say guided at first. Just so you understand how to come back to your breath and to not fret about things. Then go off on your own once you get the idea.
I think a guides one is best to start with so can slowly reach urself how to do it with the guided meditation and once you’ve grown those skills then can practice on ur own. To each their own tho
For beginners I'd definitely recommend guided meditations. Once you get the hang of it, you can try music/bells or even silence
for me guided meditation worked best at first and it still does sometimes.try a few of them to see what works for you best in terms of narration/visualisations and then you can take what works for you out of them and meditate on your own
Guided! As a beginner I had no idea what to do. Should I think about space or a blank white wall? The guided meditation helped me stay focused and reassured me of my beginning practice.
I choose to believe that the guided meditation is better in the beginning if you've never meditated before and I have never meditated so I find it easier to be able to listen to the calming voice to help guide me in to the place that I'm looking for
I feel like guided meditation is a good starting place, as I'd never done anything like that before a helping hand was definitely appreciated, rather than sitting in a quiet place with my own fresh thoughts not knowing how to begin to digest them, I'd maybe try both and see how you feel.
- How do you position yourself during meditation?
- Have you considered going to a short meditation retreat?
- Yes. How exactly does one calm one’s mind in order to meditate? Like how can I quiet my mind completely in order to experience peace?
- Does meditation need to be done the same time every day?
- How do you meditate to get focused?
- How do you keep yourself focused on meditation?
- At times I have difficulty staying awake when I meditate in the morning. Does it happen to you too? How do you stay awake?
- What good meditation resources/apps do you use once you’ve progressed from the in-app ones?
- What changes do you see in yourself when you meditate daily?
- My mind drifts off too much during meditation, what should I do about it?