Body does by itself the stretch it needs in the morning and in the evening as well..so I think both times are essential, as the body is asking it. So my advice is, listen to your body.
I think a longer stretching session in the morning is good to get going, but I find a shorter session before bed good to!
I have heard that neither morning or evening is a good time period but I know that warm muscles are best, so if you wear warm clothing and gradually and lightly stretch to start out I think that is best. My neck is usually ready to stretch after 12 noon lol.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?