I like to do gentle yoga stretches particularly in the morning and use some YouTube videos.
The sun salutation sequence is good too especially if you go slowly and keep your muscles active.
Arms circles, wrist circles, hip rotations, touch toes, knee bends, foot rotations, knee to elbows.
For me, I tend to hunch over my desk so I always need to stretch my neck and shoulders. When I’m running, I feel tension in my hamstrings from a former injury, and my lower back.
Remember to stay hydrated too! Best wishes 🙏🏼
Also you can stand up and stretch to the side with your arms trying to reach the floor.
Hug 1 knee to opposite shoulder & twist towards same side as the knee that’s up twisting low back & torso. Repeat both sides
Arm in a door way to stretch chest & upper arm muscles. Repeat both sides
Ear to shoulder to stretch side neck muscles.
Bend over & touch your toes hanging weight of head & arms down to stretch back & neck. Repeat while reaching over to one side then repeat again to the other.
Captain Morgan’s pose on chair/step/stool & lower leg back, pushing hips down & forward to stretch hip flexors of lower/back leg. Repeat both sides.
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?
- How many days would you stretch the same area? Or is there a plan for what areas to stretch in a certain order?