Check out yoga with Adriene on Youtube! She has videos that show the foundations of different postures and has many short and long videos for lower back pain. 🙂 Besides that I find lying on the back and pulling my knees towards my chest, keeping my neck straight and my head on the ground. Squeeze your tailbone forward while you pull your knees in. Hold for 10-30 seconds and repeat 2-3 times. I hope this helps! 🍍💃⚡
A cat and cow stretch is good for starters, and a cobra stretch is nice after. But I find that the best one for me as a more flexible person is going on my knees and bending back to touch the ground or my feet and holding it for 15 seconds. For a less flexible back, you can just stand and lean back as far as you can and hold it for 15 seconds or whatever amount of time you want.
I do a lot of yoga stretches. I personally have a lot of back and knee pain so I do child's pose and back bend to help my back. And for my knees I sit with my legs straight and stretch out forward to hold my toes and put my head to my knees.
I really like standing forward bends. Letting my back just hang with the gravity really helps after sitting for a long day.
- How often do you stretch?
- How do you think stretching helps you you? Not just physically, but mentally too.
- Do you prefer stretching in the morning or the evening?
- what kind of stretching excercises would you reccomend?
- Do you notice a difference when you stretch vs when you do not?
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?