Check out yoga with Adriene on Youtube! She has videos that show the foundations of different postures and has many short and long videos for lower back pain. 🙂 Besides that I find lying on the back and pulling my knees towards my chest, keeping my neck straight and my head on the ground. Squeeze your tailbone forward while you pull your knees in. Hold for 10-30 seconds and repeat 2-3 times. I hope this helps! 🍍💃⚡
A cat and cow stretch is good for starters, and a cobra stretch is nice after. But I find that the best one for me as a more flexible person is going on my knees and bending back to touch the ground or my feet and holding it for 15 seconds. For a less flexible back, you can just stand and lean back as far as you can and hold it for 15 seconds or whatever amount of time you want.
I do a lot of yoga stretches. I personally have a lot of back and knee pain so I do child's pose and back bend to help my back. And for my knees I sit with my legs straight and stretch out forward to hold my toes and put my head to my knees.
I really like standing forward bends. Letting my back just hang with the gravity really helps after sitting for a long day.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?