You can also reach around and grab your foot and stretch your quads, and raise you leg in the air for hamstring stretches.
One other is to hang the keg over the side of the bed for the psoas, but it’s you’re very tall and touch the floor it doesn’t work well.
Make circles with your arms outstretched x10
Roll your head and shoulders x10
Side stretching with the opposite arm x10
Always deep breathing and hold breath for count of 10 and exhale for the count of 10 at the end of your routine
My favorites are Child’s Pose, Cobra, Downward Dog, the Knee stretch where you lie on your back and take turns pulling a knee to your chest, and then another good leg stretch is seeing how close you can get your leg (completely straightened) to your head. I can only get about to my stomach!
If you want to keep going – straighten your right leg, hugging your left knee toward your chest. Keep your back as flat as possible, and your hips square. Relax in to the stretch with slow, deep breaths. Repeat on the other side, hugging the right knee toward your chest and straightening your left leg.
All movements should be slow and calm to help these postures/stretches relax you before sleep.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?