My favorites are Child’s Pose, Cobra, Downward Dog, the Knee stretch where you lie on your back and take turns pulling a knee to your chest, and then another good leg stretch is seeing how close you can get your leg (completely straightened) to your head. I can only get about to my stomach!
You can also reach around and grab your foot and stretch your quads, and raise you leg in the air for hamstring stretches.
One other is to hang the keg over the side of the bed for the psoas, but it’s you’re very tall and touch the floor it doesn’t work well.
Make circles with your arms outstretched x10
Roll your head and shoulders x10
Side stretching with the opposite arm x10
Always deep breathing and hold breath for count of 10 and exhale for the count of 10 at the end of your routine
If you want to keep going – straighten your right leg, hugging your left knee toward your chest. Keep your back as flat as possible, and your hips square. Relax in to the stretch with slow, deep breaths. Repeat on the other side, hugging the right knee toward your chest and straightening your left leg.
All movements should be slow and calm to help these postures/stretches relax you before sleep.
- What are good stretches for the morning when you get up?
- Stretches or exercises I could do to relieve lower and upper back pain? I have pain along my spine
- What kind of stretches do you like to do for your lower back and hamstrings?
- How does stretching help my brain?
- How many muscle groups do you target per stretch session?
- What type of exercises can I do beside sit-ups? They are too strenuous for me.
- I want to know how to stretch my glutes.
- What part of fabulous can help me with anxiety?
- How long do you usually have to stretch to actually have an effect on your body?
- Do you find it’s easier to stretch in the morning right after you wake up or at night before bed?