You can also reach around and grab your foot and stretch your quads, and raise you leg in the air for hamstring stretches.
One other is to hang the keg over the side of the bed for the psoas, but it’s you’re very tall and touch the floor it doesn’t work well.
Make circles with your arms outstretched x10
Roll your head and shoulders x10
Side stretching with the opposite arm x10
Always deep breathing and hold breath for count of 10 and exhale for the count of 10 at the end of your routine
My favorites are Child’s Pose, Cobra, Downward Dog, the Knee stretch where you lie on your back and take turns pulling a knee to your chest, and then another good leg stretch is seeing how close you can get your leg (completely straightened) to your head. I can only get about to my stomach!
If you want to keep going – straighten your right leg, hugging your left knee toward your chest. Keep your back as flat as possible, and your hips square. Relax in to the stretch with slow, deep breaths. Repeat on the other side, hugging the right knee toward your chest and straightening your left leg.
All movements should be slow and calm to help these postures/stretches relax you before sleep.
- Stretching always hurts more in the morning than it does later in the day when my body is more awake and warmed up. Is there a way to wake my body up faster in my morning routine without having to run around?
- Any suggestions for stretches I can incorporate at work without getting weird looks?
- 👀 I’ve never had anyone answer my questions here when I’ve asked. Do me a favor? Give me your best pep talk 😁 Inspire me 🙆🏻♀️🎉🖤
- What do you use to get more stretching exercises other than the 10 minutes of guided stretching on fabulous?
- Why is my body always sore. I don’t work out or anything but for some reason I always have sore muscles
- If ju can’t get a pose done correctly, do you skip it or do you keep trying every day? If so, how do you treat your self when you make it/don’t make it? Why?
- Yes. Can you give me some exemples of Stretch habits?
- in your experience have you found that one minute several times a day is enough to create a lasting change in flexibility for very tight muscles?
- Do you recommend stretching before warming up your muscles or the opposite?
- What parts of your body need the most stretching in the morning?