You can also reach around and grab your foot and stretch your quads, and raise you leg in the air for hamstring stretches.
One other is to hang the keg over the side of the bed for the psoas, but it’s you’re very tall and touch the floor it doesn’t work well.
Make circles with your arms outstretched x10
Roll your head and shoulders x10
Side stretching with the opposite arm x10
Always deep breathing and hold breath for count of 10 and exhale for the count of 10 at the end of your routine
My favorites are Child’s Pose, Cobra, Downward Dog, the Knee stretch where you lie on your back and take turns pulling a knee to your chest, and then another good leg stretch is seeing how close you can get your leg (completely straightened) to your head. I can only get about to my stomach!
If you want to keep going – straighten your right leg, hugging your left knee toward your chest. Keep your back as flat as possible, and your hips square. Relax in to the stretch with slow, deep breaths. Repeat on the other side, hugging the right knee toward your chest and straightening your left leg.
All movements should be slow and calm to help these postures/stretches relax you before sleep.
- What are your favourite neck stretches?
- Which stretched do you find most useful to relieve joint pain and lower back pain ?
- Do you stretch longer than the required minute?
- How long it’s effective to keep each stretching position?
- Do you think that regular progressive stretching will make your joints be more flexible?
- What is a good stretch for the neck
- When you stretch do you feel where you are stretching with you’re hand?
- I hurt my left lower leg when walking , in back , wonder what stretch to best do in order to get normal leg movement again ?
- How do you feel when stretching?
- What are the best quick and easy yet proven effective stretch exercises? And best exercises for me being a 45 year old health concise person be please.