I would recommend at least 15 minutes — it depends on which body part you want to stretch the most. It also depends on how sore your body is, but what do I know I’m no professional. 😉
Just one short minute a day can make a huge difference in your health. It's not just about the flexibility. It can be a coping mechanism for stress, depression, and anxiety. Doing it in a group can be a bonding experience for a group of friends or a family. It comes down to the fact that simple exercise can be beneficial in so many ways.
It’s better then not taking the time at all, but I would recommend at least 5 minutes of stretching for you to see a difference.
I need to do my full stretch routine to get the full benefit. Starting with 1 minute gets me going and I then can do more!
Stretching your muscles can improves circulation through out your body. It distributes enough blood to your muscles which can shorten recovery time and muscle soreness. 1 min is okay but it would be better to extend a little more like 2-3 minutes.
Yes. Especially if you’ve been sitting for long periods of time. I actually try to stretch once an hour because I do sit so much for work. I hold each stretch for 30 seconds. It allows the muscles to relax and take of some tension.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?