Stretching routine shouldnt be based on time, it should be based on how well you stretch, if your stretching well. Overtime you should become more flexible, if your not stretching well, it doesnt matter how long you take anyway.
I believe that every minute counts, meaning if you can only spare 1 minute of exercise on your day, then it counts. It's better to start small than not start at all.
I usually stretch about 10-15 minutes. It also helps to wake up in the morning. Get blood flowing and makes your body feel better overall. 🙂
I'd say about 5 minutes, enough time to stretch all parts of your body but not too long that it becomes impractical to keep it in your morning routine. When stretching make sure to take some deep breaths and be in the moment, it's a great way to start the day.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?