Stretching routine shouldnt be based on time, it should be based on how well you stretch, if your stretching well. Overtime you should become more flexible, if your not stretching well, it doesnt matter how long you take anyway.
I usually stretch about 10-15 minutes. It also helps to wake up in the morning. Get blood flowing and makes your body feel better overall. 🙂
I'd say about 5 minutes, enough time to stretch all parts of your body but not too long that it becomes impractical to keep it in your morning routine. When stretching make sure to take some deep breaths and be in the moment, it's a great way to start the day.
Lurdes Da cruz
I believe that every minute counts, meaning if you can only spare 1 minute of exercise on your day, then it counts. It's better to start small than not start at all.
- Anybody have a fibro stretch routine ?
- Will it be more enjoyable if you do stretch habit with someone?
- How many times a day do you intentionally stretch?
- How do you do your stretches at work?
- Best way to stretch my lower back?
- Where do you focus your stretching and do you use specific exercises?
- What order do you stretch in? Which body parts do you work with first and/or most?
- What is a good upper back/neck stretch?
- I have severe back pain. I can barely sit with my legs straight, much less lean towards my toes. How can I gently stretch my hamstrings?
- Whats your best stretch pose and how long do you hold it for?