Basic Yoga Positions such as Warrior 1 & 2, Forward Bend, Lunge, Neck Isometrics, Side Stretch. Etc. I rarely stretch for just one minute. Stretching is gratifying. It relieves pain and makes me happy 😃.
- Do you repeat the same stretch routine each day, or do you mix it up depending on the day you’ve had?
- When is the best time to stretch and how in-depth do you go?
- What are best stretches for a stiff knee?
- Can I still do splits regardless of my age? Am I too old to be that flexible? How long will it take?
- Could you recommend the best stretches for a sedentary student? I.e tight hamstrings and suffering back
When I wake up, I stretch my quads and calves while brushing my teeth. 30 seconds each side. If I feel I need more, I do one of the quick AM stretch routines on Gaia.
I don't really time it, but I stretch my arms over my head, then across my chest. I pull back my hands to stretch my wrists, then do some twists to stretch out my back. Then I just stretch and wiggle whatever still feels stiff or achey.
I mainly stretch my neck and shoulders because when i wake up they are very stiff and they actually hurt when i move them. I also do some back and leg stretching but i focus mainly on the neck and the breathing
I lay down and stretch one leg as far up and close to my head as I can, then I swap legs. I also do a split. And touch the "sky" and then my toes.
I do a forward fold on each leg then both at the same time, reclined pigeon on both legs and a quad stretch. Actually takes about 5 mins but worth it!
- What are good stretches for the morning when you get up?
- Stretches or exercises I could do to relieve lower and upper back pain? I have pain along my spine
- What kind of stretches do you like to do for your lower back and hamstrings?
- How does stretching help my brain?
- How many muscle groups do you target per stretch session?
- What type of exercises can I do beside sit-ups? They are too strenuous for me.
- I want to know how to stretch my glutes.
- What part of fabulous can help me with anxiety?
- How long do you usually have to stretch to actually have an effect on your body?
- Do you find it’s easier to stretch in the morning right after you wake up or at night before bed?