I don't really time it, but I stretch my arms over my head, then across my chest. I pull back my hands to stretch my wrists, then do some twists to stretch out my back. Then I just stretch and wiggle whatever still feels stiff or achey.
Basic Yoga Positions such as Warrior 1 & 2, Forward Bend, Lunge, Neck Isometrics, Side Stretch. Etc. I rarely stretch for just one minute. Stretching is gratifying. It relieves pain and makes me happy 😃.
When I wake up, I stretch my quads and calves while brushing my teeth. 30 seconds each side. If I feel I need more, I do one of the quick AM stretch routines on Gaia.
I mainly stretch my neck and shoulders because when i wake up they are very stiff and they actually hurt when i move them. I also do some back and leg stretching but i focus mainly on the neck and the breathing
I do a forward fold on each leg then both at the same time, reclined pigeon on both legs and a quad stretch. Actually takes about 5 mins but worth it!
I lay down and stretch one leg as far up and close to my head as I can, then I swap legs. I also do a split. And touch the "sky" and then my toes.
- Stretching always hurts more in the morning than it does later in the day when my body is more awake and warmed up. Is there a way to wake my body up faster in my morning routine without having to run around?
- Any suggestions for stretches I can incorporate at work without getting weird looks?
- 👀 I’ve never had anyone answer my questions here when I’ve asked. Do me a favor? Give me your best pep talk 😁 Inspire me 🙆🏻♀️🎉🖤
- What do you use to get more stretching exercises other than the 10 minutes of guided stretching on fabulous?
- Why is my body always sore. I don’t work out or anything but for some reason I always have sore muscles
- If ju can’t get a pose done correctly, do you skip it or do you keep trying every day? If so, how do you treat your self when you make it/don’t make it? Why?
- Yes. Can you give me some exemples of Stretch habits?
- in your experience have you found that one minute several times a day is enough to create a lasting change in flexibility for very tight muscles?
- Do you recommend stretching before warming up your muscles or the opposite?
- What parts of your body need the most stretching in the morning?